Help wanted for horse research!!!

Jo72

Visit site
Hi, I am running 3 online surveys for my PhD research looking at how people in the UK keep and feed their horses and the tack and equipment they use on them. I would be very grateful if anybody who owns or looks after a horse, pony or donkey could spend some time filling out the surveys for me- I need as many people as possible!
At the moment there isn’t very much information available about how people in the UK look after their horses and most research in to horses e.g. on behaviour, feeding etc focuses on racehorses. The information from this survey is needed to help make scientific research in to horses more relevant to horse owners.
If anyone can help the surveys can be found on this link:

http://www.chester.ac.uk/ccsr/au/jh_surveys.html

Thank you!
smile.gif

loobylu

Visit site
Have done! Some behaviour answers were a little tricky as just got new neddy so she does have some bad habits but we are working on them! (ie she bites but is improving already)

Fairynuff

Visit site
Jo, I hope you dont mind if I took part. Im Scottish but live in Italy. I bred my boy in England and brought him with me-hes looked after and treated exactly as he was back home. Does that change anything? Hope not. Mairi.
smile.gif

Marnie

Visit site
Hi there,

I've done the survey for myself, but I work at a College with equine students, and wondered if you would like me to pass the link on to equine tutors?

jinglejoys

Visit site
Can't get further than the first one as it keeps saying it wants me to enter the numeric value of question 16 which I've done if this is what it means

16. On a typical day, how many other horses can your horse freely interact with in the field?

No other horses
1-3 horses
4-6 horses
7-9 horses
10+ horses

Maybe it just doesn't like Mules!
cool.gif

Jo72

Visit site
Thank you all for taking the time to help me out - I'm really grateful!
laugh.gif

If anybody knows anyone else who may be interested in helping out please could you pass the link on to them?
jigglejoys - I have no idea why the survey is being anti-mule but I'll look in to that for you and make sure nothing has gone wrong with the survey programme!
Big thank you again
laugh.gif

AG18

Visit site
I have completed them for you, and as a fellow PhD studnet I know how tough it can be to get participants, so I have emailed the link to everyone at my livery yard. Good luck!!