help with dissertation!!!

Kat_Bath

Visit site
I'm afraid I got a bit confused with some of the questions on the first page and I was a little bit put off by no aims/ethics statement at the beginning so I gave up :/ Sorry. I hope you get enough replies.

kayleighmac10

New User
Visit site
I'm afraid I got a bit confused with some of the questions on the first page and I was a little bit put off by no aims/ethics statement at the beginning so I gave up :/ Sorry. I hope you get enough replies.
Hi
Sorry I can't give you too much information about it as don't want to give away the answers I'm looking for. It is about the welfare of the competition horse and how peoples perception changes the way we deal with welfare concerns. It goes from racing/Olympic sports/ endurance anything you can think of really

Kat_Bath

Visit site
Hi
Sorry I can't give you too much information about it as don't want to give away the answers I'm looking for. It is about the welfare of the competition horse and how peoples perception changes the way we deal with welfare concerns. It goes from racing/Olympic sports/ endurance anything you can think of really

That's OK (and not really what I was getting at), I understand that in a qualitative questionnaire you need fairly open ended questions. I was more confused by the grammar and syntax and some of the 'if yes, details here' sections. I think perhaps your questions would be more suited to a semi-structured face to face interview. That way, you can discuss the topic rather than asking someone to give written details of every event that may have compromised horse welfare in competition in the last 10 years. The structure of that question too is not quite right; you're asking about incidents that could have compromised horse welfare but surely if it's an incident it probably has compromised horse welfare already?

I was also confused by question 2: 'How aware are you of current issue within equestrianism?'. What issue?

The point I was making about the aims/ethics statement is that you should have an introductory page about what you're studying and why (and you don't have to give anything away here-it's just so the respondent knows what his/her answers may be contributing towards) and about how the information will be used, including right to withdraw at any time-it's common practice (or should be).

Hope this helps-I have my academic hat on today but hope this doesn't offend.

kayleighmac10

New User
Visit site
Hi everyone I am sorry if people are finding it difficult but it's the format that I had to do and was approved by my lecturer. There is no other way of doing it as I am looking for the answers to come from you not to be hinted or for you to be given a choice.
For those who have replied the answers are great and it's exactly what I'm looking for :)

kayleighmac10

New User
Visit site
Hi, that was a spelling mistake "issues" I was very tired when writing this so I am sorry for the lack of an s but many other people have understood. It is changed now. The format was approved by my lecturer so apart from mistakes the questions were corrected by her and the format was approved. I would of loved to have done face to face interviews with over 100 people but I can't due to the fact I have to pay my way through uni and work all the days that I am not at uni so I'm afar aid I do not have the time to do that. But the answers that I am getting are perfect so I am very happy with the way that I have proceeded. I do apologise for any mistakes thank you for your advice

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
"How aware are you of current issue within equestrianism?"

What on earth is that meant to mean? It could be anything.

olliethecob

Visit site
Done, good luck, I know what hard work goes into these dissertations, my daughter is doing hers this year. These questionaires are not easy to do.