help with Insurance Not paying out.

ladyt25

Visit site
Have you brought up the issues and complained to the insurance company first? Yes you can contact the ombudsman but generally this after you have gone through a formal complaint/dispute with the claims manager. Read the terms in your policy as far as complaints go. You may not end up having to go through the ombudsman.

Spottyappy

Visit site
Not sure what your claim is in relation to,but I had a prob many moons ago when my trailer was stolen. I scoured adverts to prove its vapue,and produced receipts for work done. If you can evidence what you are claiming for,worth copying it to the insurance co,as well as the ombudsman.It worked for me,good luck.

DougalJ

Visit site
Yes definately the Financial Ombudsman. I have an equine insurance nightmare a few years ago and the minute I contacted them, it was sorted fairly quickly!

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
Depends on why they're not paying out!

If it's a pre-existing condition or you've done something to invalidate the policy (not declared something) then you probably don't have a leg to stand on. Same goes for if you didn't tell them in good time about an injury or illness. In this situation talk to them and maybe get your vet involved.

If they're just being slow about paying out or processing claims then you need to complain directly to them first. If that doesn't work, go to the Financial Services Authority. I had to do this a couple of years ago when Equine First refused to process my receipts even though they'd agreed the claim (apparently they were too busy and it's perfectly acceptable to make a client wait for 9 months...). The FSA go through it all with you and will give you the correct wording for a letter you need to send them. If no response from that you go to the FO. IIRC the insurance company will then receive a letter from the FO, for which they are fined I think, telling them they are being investigated. As soon as EF received that letter, they paid me the same day. Funny that.