Help with small pony outfit for tinsel ride?

Doormouse

Visit site
Tinsel ride next week from the yard to the pub and back. Daughter is 3 so will want lots of tinsel which is easy but are there any cheapish 'Christmas costumes' for ponies out there? I know I should make it but my sewing skills are on a par with the ponies to be honest!

clippi

Visit site
Lots of tinsel, and some reindeer antlers (they ones on a head band for children fit nicely onto small ponies. Red pom pom on the nose band and you're sorted

misskk88

Visit site
Buy a cheap kids fancy dress costume online/pound shop- maybe a fairy or elf one. Then kit out pony in enough tinsel and baubels plaited into mane/tail to look like a Christmas tree! OR you could get some antlers, some skin friendly red paint/glitter and make pony a Rudolph for the day with glittery hooves too!

Please post pictures of the finished masterpiece whatever you dress them up in! :)

agmp

Visit site
When I was younger my mum used an old lightweight cooler rug, could use exercise sheet if have one, stitched tinsel loosely round the edge, just with a loose stitch to keep it in place, took all of a few minutes I think, popped on over the saddle and cut a couple of holes out for the stirrup leathers. Was how I always knew christmas was starting because the christmas rug came out, one of my most favourite things. Over the years things got added to it, sadly was for a 13.2 and would look ridiculous on my 17hh but 20 years later I still have it!

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
agmp - you have reminded me of something that I made from a 2nd hand exercise sheet. I added some tinsel and some battery powered LED's and this is the result.

100_1997.jpg

agmp

Visit site
agmp - you have reminded me of something that I made from a 2nd hand exercise sheet. I added some tinsel and some battery powered LED's and this is the result.

100_1997.jpg

Lol, exactly the sort of thing I was thinking about, couldn't find any pictures, but am most tempted to do it for my boys this christmas now!