Help!!

Tempi

Visit site
**THIS ISNT AN ADD**

(just in case anyone thinks it is!)

ive got two saddles ive been trying to sell for ages, and its getting to the point where i really need the money from them. Ive had them on Horse Mart, Horse Quest, Ebay, Local tack shops, and they are now with our local saddler to sell, but shes having no luck either.

Has anyone got any ideas on how i can sell them? One of them is a brand new WH saddle - it hasnt even been used before, the other is a used dressage saddle but its in perfect condition.

Nic

Visit site
No help but if you find out let me know. been trying to sell my Sabre through my saddler for months
smirk.gif

RachelB

Visit site
I'm assuming they are at Hurdcott at the mo? It took her nearly a year to sell my KES event saddle, it was a year old and in perfect condition, a wide fitting so she was confident it would sell, but it just wouldn't! She's now had my good condition WH saddle for ten weeks and no luck so far. Just time and patience really. If she can't sell them, maybe try Horse-e-Things in Fordingbridge? Other than that I really don't know, I'm planning on just leaving my WH with Hurdcott until she sells the damn thing!
What are your prices like? Might have helped my KES sell if I wasn't asking £400 for it second hand... apparently she sent it to a saddler in Dorset in the end who managed to get rid for the price. Might have sold quicker if it wasn't so much.
Good luck anyway, not much fun when you just can't sell!

Tempi

Visit site
hiya
smile.gif
hows things?

Yeah they are both with Claire. My Kes dressage im asking £500 for (it cost £950 as it was specially made) and my WH im asking £550 for its brand new, never been used and i paid £750 for it. Decided i didnt fancy showing in the end - bit of an expensive decision on my part!!

Im desparatly trying to make some money so hopefully they will sell by next April as i need to save £5k for then
blush.gif

katelarge

Visit site
sadly there is a glut of saddles out there - I am thinking about selling some and had a look on ebay this morning. There are Sue Carsons for £700, plenty of Albions, Keiffers...

In fact the only saddles that get snapped up for what I think are inflated prices are Wintec Isabels! If you have a Cair one of those in good nick you will almost make your money back. I have no idea why. Also, I bought a Wintec Cair on ebay for £130 and re-sold it for £175 a few weeks later. Go figure!

dixie

Visit site
I think this is a reflection of e-bay, in that second hand saddles prices are being driven down. You can sell your saddle quickly but for a silly price.

I used freeads, adtrader and adhorse before I resorted to e-bay because then at least I got rid of it quickly. I did get a reponse from adhorse but I had already sold the saddle on ebay by then. I did sell my bridle on adhorse. It's free to advertise on all these but it is just playing the waiting game.

Rambo

Visit site
It's not just e-bay driving prices down...I bought a Stubben CTD from a saddler about 8 mths ago for £850. I can now buy it direct from Stubben on-line for £400
shocked.gif

katelarge

Visit site
True. There are some very good online deals if you shop around. Some people selling bog standard Wintecs were trotting out the "but the RRP is £320"...when I was buying. Yes but you can get them, even brand new, online for under £200!

Sadly it's a buyers market - unless you have an Isabel!

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
How much are you asking for them?

When my saddler came out last time, about 2 months ago, he said he's stopped selling 2nd hand saddles. He reckons that when people can get made to measure for under £500 now they're buying that instead of second hand now.

seabiscuit

Visit site
I have been trying to sell 1 saddle for over 2 years now, and another saddle it has been 8 months and still havent sold it! It comes down to luck of the draw...

The only saddle Ive managed to sell was to a forum member, and that was at a drastically reduced price, it was brand new and I lost a substantial amount of money on it.

The only way to sell these saddles is to cut the price right down I think....
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif