Help!!!!

Benefice1

Visit site
So sorry guys but i really need your help regarding bitting (i know sorry!!)

At the moment i ride my boy in a loose ring waterford snaffle, he goes really well in it but obviously cannot use this for dressage. I therefore need an alternative!

I can't have anything with any poll pressure as this absolutely flips him out and he doesnt like anything jointed as he doesnt like the nutcracker action! But...i need something he cant lean on too much and which gives me some brakes!! I know im asking for a lot!

I have been advised that the Myler Wide Barrell Comfort Snaffle might be worth trying? anyone got any experience with this?

Any ideas would really be appreciated, thank you
smile.gif

LadyLuck

Visit site
defantly try a loose ring if hes in a loose ring no but im not sure about the mouth peice if he doesnt like nut cracker action?

The mylers work on some horses but i did school a 17.2hh shire for a while he didnt really like it??? so not sure sorry

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Have you tried him in a loose ring french link or KK or similar as double jointed bits have far less nutcracker action than single jointed bits, and he obviously likes a jointed bit or wouldn't go in a waterford (although may not give you enough brakes!!!!). I found my mare leaned on a myler comfort snaffle, but it was a loose ring (didn't know you could get then in a loose ring). Loose Ring KK training snaffle works for her.

Benefice1

Visit site
Thank you, i did wonder about a french link, anything is worth a try, need to find something!! I dont think i need to worry too much about brakes as i will only be using it for dressage (fingers crossed anyway!
wink.gif
)

Farm Kat

Visit site
I would definately go for a loose ring, and then either a mullen mouth flexi, or metal, or a french link, as the action is not so sever. Both of mine are in mullen mouth bits, and I have just moved onto loose ring as one is getting a bit onward bound, and anything else is a bit much, plus I find I am limited as they only have straight mouthpieces, as they loathe the joint, and TBH the slightest movement pushes the bit into the roof of their mouths, being fat tongued, thick lipped forresters, most jointed bits Cop's cannot shut his mouth! Is the magic bit dressage legal? It has a small port too. I guess it is trail and error, but good luck, and I hope you find what you are looking for.

Benefice1

Visit site
Thats great thanks, like you said its just a case of trial and error, but its a pain having to buy them to see. I know you can have 'trials' but even that costs, ho hum. Many thanks
smile.gif