Help!!

Mibby

New User
Visit site
photo.php
I have got a 7 month old Dartmoor hill x cob filly.
She is tri coloured.
She is very pretty & I am hoping to do some In hand showing with her this summer.
I am new to showing so I am not sure what to wear myself Or what she should be wearing..
Are you allowed to used velvet brow bands? Do they need to be bitted?
What kind of bridle do I have to use?
Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!

Brandy

Visit site
Hello,

I can't see you pic so difficult to help but will have a go! You can show her in a leather headcollar/slip type thing at her age - she does not have to be bitted.

Once she is bitted, from how you have described her, i would imagine she would be better off with a plain leather in hand bridle and simple rubber bit to begin with. Will she have her mane left and be untrimmed or will you pull and plait? If you are leaving natural I would keep the bridle plain, if you are plaiting you may be able to use a nice velvet browband.

For yourself I would have a pair of beige (ish) trousers or cords, a shirt and tie, and a tweed jacket. Hard hat and gloves. Hat ideally navy velvet, gloves and boots brown, showing cane, brown. Add a bit of colour with your shirt and tie.

Good luck and have fun!

Suechoccy

Visit site
If your filly has white legs, then you should wear black or brown trousers. If she has black legs, then you should wear beige trousers. (ie you don't want your leg movement detracting from her leg movement). Pocket of polos or treats. Gloves and hard hat for you, stout boots/shoes in case she treads on your toes. Bitted or halter are both fine. Long leadrein or long leadrope in case she flings herself about. Enjoy!