Help!

tormor

Visit site
i'm currently looking after a horse on my yard with someone else. All was fine until tonight when the horse went dog lame with what i suspect it laminitis. I also think that she has lymphangitis (sp). I want to call the vet out but other person doesn't. Its not my horse so therefore i don't want to be blamed for not calling the vet when it is ill. but on the other hand i will have hell to play with if i over rule the other person and get the vet out. I'm also worried how fast this lameness has come on as the horse has been in its stable all day. i really don't know what to do.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
If you were looking after my horse you would have full permission to call the vet if you were concerned about anything. In fact I would be most annoyed if you didn't.

Never mind what the other person says. Phone today to make an emergency appointment. Better to have a £200 bill than a bigger one later if the horse really does need some sort of treatment.

miller

Visit site
Agree with AmyMay - would be most peed off if someone who was looking after my horse hadn't called a vet.

Would prefer a vet to be called when not required than not call when definitely something wrong