Henri de Rivel

KatB

Visit site
Horrible!! We got one to try on my old yard, very hard, the leather was crap quality and it offered NO support at all!! The plus side, it did fit my horse, which very few do!! Just really did not like it. Sorry!!

CastleMouse

Visit site
I must've seen a different model to the one you have
confused.gif

KatB

Visit site
Have you ridden in one? They do look nice, will give you that, but the leather marks really easily, and just looked crap within a couple of weeks! It could just have been the one I tried, I dont know!!

KatB

Visit site
No was just interested!! My old trainer realy liked it, but I just found it really uncomfortable!! Be interested to find out how other people have found them!!
smile.gif

flyingfeet

Visit site
I have a Black Pigmalion

The leather does not mark easily - it even has a thicker grain on the flaps to prevent this. It is really comfy and has fab knee rolls.

Unfortunately my horse has change shape, so I will be selling mine shortly. However this is because he really is an odd shape and apparently will only fit a WOW or Jaguar XJS (Bascially anything over £1,500
ooo.gif
)

I spoke to the saddler about them, who thought they were very good value for money and well made.

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Horrible!! We got one to try on my old yard, very hard, the leather was crap quality and it offered NO support at all!! The plus side, it did fit my horse, which very few do!! Just really did not like it. Sorry!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded! Also stirrup bars were too far back so you couldn't get your lower leg fowards! (this was a mono-flap)

KatB

Visit site
We had an "orange" one, and the "tougher" leather on the flaps went yellow and scuffed very easily. We were using it on several horses a day though to give it a thorough trial!!

And know what you mean Severnmiles about the stirrup bars, I found it very difficult to balance over fences in it, hit the deck several times when my horse jumped me out of it!!
blush.gif
Never had that in another saddle!!