Herbal Calmers?

Blizzard

Visit site
I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good calmer?

My mare is currently on NAF Magic and although I have seen a little improvement , but this could just be due to her new routine.

I was thinking of trying NAf Oestress, but have heard good things about TopSpec calmer too.

Would be interested to hear about other peoples experience with them.
smile.gif

MagicMelon

Visit site
NAF Magic can be good but like everything, doesnt work on all horses. The only calmer I was shocked to see work was D&H herbal calmer, cant remember what its called but I think they only do one pure herb calmer. Used it on one horse, it didnt nothing but tried it on another for an event and the horse was completely lazy as hell which is very very abnormal for the horse! It worked too well!

It is hard to recommend anything because what works for someone, wont necessarily work on your horse. Its just trial and error.

RachelB

Visit site
Oestress is specifically to help balance a mare's temperament, so unless your mare is mare-ish as well I don't see how that could help?
As MagicMelon says, not all calmers work on all horses, your best bet is to start with the cheapest you can find and work your way up the price ladder!
I've used NAF Easy Going before, it worked on my pony. I tried the Wendals one but I found some glass in the tub and decided not to use that any more so I don't know if it works! Going off specifically herbal calmers, Equine America So Kalm is meant to be very good.

pagancluf

Visit site
Im using one that is valerian based, but you can't use it for showing/competitions etc . as a banned substance - but it is really good!

Blizzard

Visit site
Well I wont be competing on her so that wouldnt be an issue LOL.

Basically its just to take some of the fixx and stroppyness out of her, she is very stubborn and willful and can be full of it too, she just needs to chill a bit!

Is the E.A so Kalm available widely?