Here are some new pics of my boy...

Foxfolly

Visit site
For those that have been on here ages you will know Felix, for those that haven't this is
Mr Darco (Unbelievable Darco / Zarlequine / Zeus)

He is 5yo and was only backed at the back end of last year, he has taken well to ridden work and just started jumping, he is very brave and careful, he's been XC schooling back in March and was really good, Martin (OH) rode him as I was on my big eventer (The baby sitter!!) Felix was a star jumped everything asked including ditches and water. He was impeccably behaved considering our friend's mare decided to come into season half way round the course and start squirting everywhere!! Then OH had an accident, (trampled by yearlings) and ended up in hospital for 10 days with a serious head injury
frown.gif
(fractured skull, blood clot on his brain and bruising to the brain too) fortunately he will make a full recovery, but I am keeping him off the horses for a while!!
tongue.gif
Anyway needless to say Felix and the rest of the horses got put to one side while all that happened so he's only just coming back into work now!!

He has his 1st foal (from his one and only covering in 08 - Does that make his fertililty 100%??!!
wink.gif
) due around the end of June which I am cautiously excited about! He will cover 2 mares of ours this year and hopefully get out and do some eventing late summer. I hope to take him to a grading in the Autumn or spring next year but will see how he goes!!

FelixMar09001.jpg

FelixMar09005.jpg

FelixMar09009.jpg

FelixMar09014.jpg

I love these 2 pictures but shame about the helicopter tail!!
smirk.gif

FelixMar09015.jpg

FelixMar09016.jpg

Anyway, dare I say it.... I'd be interested to know what people think of him!! Maybe even a conformation critique??
Please bear in mind I already know he has a conformation fault on his off-side hock, it is slightly enlarged from an old injury as a 2yo, I intend to get this X-rayed to ensure that I have proof it isn't a hereditary defect!

koeffee

Visit site
wow, he is looking great, its amazing how much he has changed, i would be excited about his foal too if i was you!!!! i would be proud as punch to own him.
tongue.gif

Foxfolly

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Love the upate - how big is he now? Am I right in thinking he is 5yo this year? Certainly sounds like he has his head screwed on right anyway. Well done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he's 5 this year, and I think he is about 16.1, (He was 16hh when I first got him without shoes on!!)

Not so sure about the head screwed on after my white knuckle ride yesterday...
blush.gif

It was really windy and I sensibly decided to take him out on his own, not the best idea in the world!!

Bless him he was ather spooky... in fairness he did have some rather scary stuff... big crop sprayer and then a load of motor bikes that even though I was asking they didn't slow down
mad.gif
and also some cyclists that came from nowhere... well I didn't see them until the last minute and he couldn't have seen them as I was coming from behind a tall hedge
crazy.gif
!!

Ladyfresha1

Visit site
He looks great. I did see him advertised and thought about buying him myself. You got a bargin there! Glad you are enjoying him - bet you can't wait for his babies!

_jetset_

Visit site
He looks incredibly well!

I have a lot of admiration for you. I remember when you were first thinking of buying him you got an awful lot of stick about it
frown.gif
But you went with your instinct and have a fabulous horse to show for it. Well done
grin.gif

Foxfolly

Visit site
Thanks everyone for the nice comments!!

[ QUOTE ]
He looks incredibly well!

I have a lot of admiration for you. I remember when you were first thinking of buying him you got an awful lot of stick about it
frown.gif
But you went with your instinct and have a fabulous horse to show for it. Well done
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I did get some grief didn't I
wink.gif

I am very happy with what I have, so that is all I need!
He is such a lovely chap to have around, I wouldn't be without him... just got to keep everything crossed that he stays sound when I start competing him, even if he doesn't he has a valid reason and he owes me nothing!!
grin.gif

S_N

Visit site
My hasn't he changed!! All credit to you for sticking with this guy. He's well bred and good looking. Here's to many more updates!