Pictures Here's Mr D, my golden oldie!

oldie48

Visit site
Mr D got very hairy whilst owner was away but she clipped him yesterday and he's not only looking smart, he's also feeling very bright! We had a lovely session this morning, I love the extra energy but could do without the snorting at the wild animals that seem to be hiding everywhere (not that I can see any). Mr D is 22 but he's still going so well and I think he looks wonderful, with a combined age of 96 we are two oldies having fun together. I just hope we both can keep going until we are both ready to retire. If I can get owner to video, I'll be brave and post a clip of him working, he felt great this morning and still loves to strutt his stuff!IMG_20221202_105347760.jpg

oldie48

Visit site
What a lovely pic. You both look very well suited, you give me inspiration that I might still get back in the saddle too - I am 73 and can't wait to be fixed and up and riding again. ?
We're very well suited now, I've known him since he was a youngster when ,tbh, he was really rather naughty but quite talented! He still loves to jump and I wouldn't hold one side of him XC but for what I do, he's perfect (just wish his trot was smaller") He's made losing Rose more bearable and I love him dearly. If you can find the right horse continuing to ride in later life is a real pleasure. I hope you find the "right" one.

oldie48

Visit site
Great photo you both look very smart. Is he an ex competition horse?
Yes, he evented, did well and was about to go advanced when he had an injury, recovered but owner didn't want to risk him over big tracks, he's done up to medium BD but schooled at AM. He's been in the same home since he was 5, always been ridden correctly and has lovely manners he's a really cuddly horse who loves to rest his head on your shoulder. I've watched him compete many times but never thought for one minute that I'd be riding him in my 70's!