Herts and Beds Air Ambulance.

Thistle

Visit site
Did you know that Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire are two of the few counties not to have an Air Ambulance.

As riders any of us may need rescueing from a remote area at some time.

My OH has campaigned and lobbied to get something done about this and has had agreement that the Essex Air Am could piggyback another machine onto it's operation that would be for Herts, unfortunately at this stage Beds is not included, but could be covered in emergency by surrounding counties.

OH is a Helo pilot (private not commercial) and has the backing of the Helicopter organisations in this campaign.

As a result of his hard work he has been asked to be Trustee of the charity.

I am proud of what he has done, this will benefit many many people, Richard Hammond and many others would possibly have died if it wasn't for the Air Am.

Did you know that they are entirely charity funded?

They receive NOT ONE PENNY from the government! Even though they save the NHS thousands by bringing in patients in better condition. They also help the economy by keeping roads open and speeding clear up of accidents.

Please bear all this in mind when we start fund raising!

I shall copy this in soapbox so more can read it.

squid35

Visit site
Im in norfolk and we are lucky enough to have an air ambulance!!

There was a young girl that died in the area and the air ambulance attended, now we have BSJA class in here memory with a final and qualifiers that run through the summer season!

hairycob

Visit site
I didn't realise this. I'm sure it's a cause most riders would be keen to support - perhaps it might be an idea to have a fundraising stall or publicity at local shows.