Hever Golf Ranger

no_no_nanette

Visit site
Following on from the posts about TB sires, just wanted to give this guy a plug, 'cos not many people know about him, but he's a super stallion, and one of those few who is genuinely an "improving" sire, having seen pics of some of his offspring from very ordinary mares .....

He has had a very chequered ownership history, hence his low profile - I believe that the syndicate who owned him went bust and he ended up standing in a stable for 4 years. In spite of this experience, he has one of best temperaments that I have come across in a stallion, a beautiful head, and is really well put together. His current owner, who loves the stallion to bits, is a very, very experienced horseman who used to be very well known as a physio in eventing circles, and has the sort of instinctive feel for a horse that you don't often come across any more.

Unfortunately Ranger is only available with natural cover, but he is really worth a look if you are in the south-east - he is based near Sevenoaks. His offspring are beginning to do well in the showring, with a very limited book of mares so far.... This is him :

http://www.sporthorse-data.com/d?d=Hever...&birthland=

We are going up to the stud in a couple of weeks' time, so will post some pics of Ranger and of some of his offspring after we've visited

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
He looks to be an ideal size for crossing with natives to breed a nice sports pony. I have seen him mentioned before on here. Another TB with a fab temperment & has crossed well on native mares is by Nickel King, called Special Addition. If they are not commercial they just dont seem to get a look in when stallions are being listed. This is one reason why I like this forum, because it brings up the forgotten.

fionam

New User
Visit site
My mare has just been covered by Ranger, he is stunning and his pic's do not do him justice, his temprement is without question one of the best I have seen in a stallion, he has good conformation and movement I am thrilled to have found him and would recomend him highly.

rachelelizabeth

New User
Visit site
I have a 5 year old by Ranger out of a 14.3hh PBW x appaloosa mare who was quite ordinary but straight moving with a good temperament.
I am so pleased as the 5yr old has a perfect temp he is straight,has Ranger's movement and very powerful backend. He also stands at 15.1hh and is covered in spots !
A very trainable horse who is proving to be bold an athletic I hope to event him next season.
I am delighted with Ranger and would highly recommend him as a sire .