Hey, just realised it's Thursday! Weekend Plans!!!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Hello hello hello

I've just realised that it's Thursday so to get us in the mood for the weekend we absolutely need this thread.

So what is everyone up to?

Not much for me - business as usual. I have got a new saddle for Dabs though :D so will continue enjoying breaking that in. He's a weird horse - the wonderful saddler offers him every eye wateringly expensive, technologically advanced saddle she has and he quite emphatically says "no" to all of them (the worst being the WOW that he wouldn't even trot in). So I have a bit of a think, research what models Ideal currently have going, find one that sounds like it will suit, buy a nearly new version on a punt and hey presto! Horses eh?

Fiona

Visit site
I've got a lesson on Saturday morning, and a first dressage competition for my Connie and I on Sunday afternoon.

Just a walk and trot test though for his first time.

And we've already had a gridwork lesson at RC Tuesday past and flatwork RC lesson for next Tuesday.

Fiona

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
I love the Ideal saddles DabDab, glad you've found one that suits.
Good luck Fiona.

No horsey plans for me (as usual nowadays haha) but driving my car around the country. Taking my mum to see her sister in Croydon on Saturday then heading down to Devon via Dorset on Sunday to see my dad.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
:D :D :D well done Dabs.. simple tastes!

Handy for me Salty fits in all millie's kit so far .. so she's actually in a wow at the moment ;) another little go in the school for her tomorrow now she's had a pedicure and Kira can do some stretching.

Then the nags are on holiday and me & OH are off to Your Horse Live. He's the farrier on call so we're there for the whole thing, looking forward to the Carl Hester evening ;)

Lesson on Tuesday and hopefully get Salty hacking too.

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
Back to my normal non-horsey plans, after my busy weekend last week I've got so much uni work to catch up on :( hoping to satisfy my horse cravings with everyone elses plans :D

Bernster

Visit site
Bit tardy this week with this thread �� Maybe I confused people by fiddling about doing pics on last weeks thread!

Hoping to get some time off tmrw for a daytime ride. If so will pop a few jumps up as we need the practice. Nice hack out Saturday and then yet more preening for our first ever venture out drag hunting on Sunday. Woohooooo.

Going on my own which I've not done before (hunting) but hoping that will make me a bit bolder as I don't gave friends to rely on. Reckon F will be keen but not too silly. I will be very nervous to start, but hoping I can tackle things positively and maybe even enjoy it?! Hah.

Have fun all.

j1ffy

Visit site
I’ve got a quiet one planned - I’m taking a friend’s daughter for a hack tomorrow (she’ll be on superstar Pocholo, he’s so kind and safe that I let just about anyone hack him!), then catching up with an old friend in the afternoon. Will probably school both boys on Sunday then do a long walk with my Mum an M.D. dogs :)

I had planned to give Pocholo a break with just a bit of hacking, but his response has been to pull up fence posts (despite the electric being on), whirl them around with his mouth then let him and Indio into the neighbouring paddock to hang out with the ex-racehorse in there. Sigh. Guess he needs some more school work to exercise his brain!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Dab dab I had exactly the same experience with an ideal saddle (clue is in the name perhaps?). Horse had about 6ks worth of saddles and didn’t like any of them. Got her an old ideal H&C. Happy as Larry. Interestingly I had a test ride in a Devocoux with new mare and she wouldn’t canter in it. She also likes the ideal!

This weekend I am taking two to knock down natural fences on a track aka power x. Also got a lesson on Sun not sure who I’m taking to that.

Had a lesson last night and established my squintness is certainly not helping the left canter transition and also her determination not to counter bend much at all so got some things to work on and another lesson booked with this coach in 2 weeks to see if I’ve improved any of it.

Kat

Visit site
Probably a quiet one for me as I have hunted the last two weekends but I am very very tempted to go this week as it is one of my favourite venues

ihatework

Visit site
Oh giant one is off to a riding club pole work clinic tomorrow, god help me, or more to the point them!

A long hack on Sunday and then a date with the vet for tooth removal and will then have a break from work for 10 days.

Meanwhile I go across the water horse shopping!

Bernster

Visit site
Oh giant one is off to a riding club pole work clinic tomorrow, god help me, or more to the point them!

A long hack on Sunday and then a date with the vet for tooth removal and will then have a break from work for 10 days.

Meanwhile I go across the water horse shopping!

Ohohohohohoho horse shopping? Yay ��

rosiesowner

Visit site
Quiet weekend here. Both Friday and Saturday off. As well as Monday and Tuesday. Now that is heavenly-the most days off I've had together in a long while! Day off playing in the field for the pony today as I am going out with my beloved mummy (aka groom, chauffeur, general babe). We're going to have a big chat about her retirement plans (not long till April now!) and how ponies might fit into that. Very exciting for her!

Saturday we might hack out, Sunday I'm working (boo!) so we will be making use of our indoor afterwards. Monday I'm undecided, as I am for Tuesday. Should be heading to the beach next Saturday though which will be a load of fun.

Everyone else who is having a more interesting weekend than me, enjoy!!

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Grooming for my friend Saturday, I 'may' have indoctrinated her into dressage, as before she moved onto our yard she was a confirmed jumper and nothing but a jumper :devilish::clap:, she's attempting her first ever straight dressage test :).

Sunday I'm taking the carriage horse duo to a clinic. I'm excited to take Topaz back, who knows maybe we'll be closing in on MP and Kira's exploits :lol:. However Skylla is a bit of an unknown! Changed her gullet in her saddle and she feels happier but the *&^$"£$% thing is slipping back again :mad:.

Fiona

Visit site
I love the Ideal saddles DabDab, glad you've found one that suits.
Good luck Fiona.

No horsey plans for me (as usual nowadays haha) but driving my car around the country. Taking my mum to see her sister in Croydon on Saturday then heading down to Devon via Dorset on Sunday to see my dad.

That's a lot of driving :)

Are you staying overnight anywhere??

Good luck to everyone competing, and hope the weather is good for all planning nice hacks etc.

Fiona

abbijay

Visit site
Good luck all that are out!
I am quite excited that this Sunday we're off the RC Areas for dressage. This will be our first dressage that's not just a stand alone bit of fun, so I imagine the standard of competition will be pretty high! For us this is quite a big deal as we've been asked to go on the team doing the Novice - not bad for my first "pony" an ex-trekking centre cart horse and his bumbling idiot of a riding school numpty mother. (Ok, I've had him 8 years and have a brilliant instructor who has seriously polished a turd in the last 8 months but still we are mere mortals compared to most of the competition)
Our aim is to not come last (out of 40-odd horses) and to wear the biggest smiles - I want a great picture! Just being there will feel like we're winners and my non-horsey dad is coming along as moral support/chief groom which will just be lovely.

Wheels

Visit site
I'm going for my second off horse biomechanics lesson, I've been avidly massaging my piriformis which was very tight last time and doing my pelvic tilt exercises

This time I think we are concentrating on seat aids for turning and lateral work.

Will also be doing a run through of a couple of dressage tests that I *might* do as our very first show together in a couple of weeks time

Dusty M Yeti

Visit site
I'm a long term lurker on this thread and love following what everyone is up to but I never have anything to add........until now :D

I have been asked to take over the ride on a friends mare whilst she (my friend) is pregnant. The mare is can be sharp at times and she doesn't want to run the risk of falling off so I get to take the risk instead :) I ride her anyway when owner is away on holiday but on Sunday she becomes my ride 3 or 4 times a week, so excited!!

{97702}

Visit site
A quiet weekend for us too :) must be something in the water.....:)

Jensen has had a pretty demanding week - 2 schooling sessions, then being ridden by my 4* Olympic eventer yard owner, then a pole work clinic yesterday! He’s having a quick stretch session today, then probably a day off tomorrow and a hack on Sunday - I was planning a fun ride on Sunday but I think his little legs might fall off :D

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
Haven't joined in on one of these threads for ages, so thought I'd do an update...

Snuck a cheeky lesson in before work today as we're off to YHL and the Carl Hester Masterclass tomorrow so couldn't have our usual lesson slot...am all kinds of excited, as we really enjoyed YHL last year and getting to watch Carl is a total dream come true!

Sunday we're hacking out with one of our fellow liveries who's about to have an op so probably our last hack together for a while. Am hoping for a nice sunny autumn day so we can do our fave route.

Good luck to all those who are out and about this weekend!

Bright_Spark

Visit site
Mare has decided she enjoyed her break from work so wants to extend it by not being quite right under saddle so I'm getting that investigated. Meanwhile gelding is now being prepped for a pole work clinic next week, I have the feeling I'm going to get launched over poles in his excitement!

Snowfilly

Visit site
Booked a school horse for showjumping on Sunday. Haven't been told which school horse, and my instructor has had me ride three different ones at the last three lessons so who knows! Fingers crossed for the big bay, as he's the only one I've jumped so far, but at least we'll get a play in the warm up before we go in and they all know the job much better than me.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Hello hello hello

I've just realised that it's Thursday so to get us in the mood for the weekend we absolutely need this thread.

So what is everyone up to?

Not much for me - business as usual. I have got a new saddle for Dabs though :D so will continue enjoying breaking that in. He's a weird horse - the wonderful saddler offers him every eye wateringly expensive, technologically advanced saddle she has and he quite emphatically says "no" to all of them (the worst being the WOW that he wouldn't even trot in). So I have a bit of a think, research what models Ideal currently have going, find one that sounds like it will suit, buy a nearly new version on a punt and hey presto! Horses eh?

working through the weekend with maybe a hack or too - that is normally all I have time to do.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Most dismal outing ever. Didn’t go. Stayed at home and did adulting instead (painting living room.). Yuck. Did hack out the big lad as lesson tomorrow morning. Definitely riding both tomorrow come rain or shine. Been a very painty week!!

Fiona

Visit site
Most dismal outing ever. Didn’t go. Stayed at home and did adulting instead (painting living room.). Yuck. Did hack out the big lad as lesson tomorrow morning. Definitely riding both tomorrow come rain or shine. Been a very painty week!!

Adulting is no fun :(

DS and I had vaguely unsatisfactory lessons this morning, mine because F threw his toys out after 25min of nice work and started going behind the leg and tossing his head, and DS because he didn't get pony wound up enough before jumping the course so had problems...

Am hoping dressage goes well tomorrow, though I can't find my navy jacket and will have to wear tweed...

Fiona