HGV lorry insurance?

kirkton

Visit site
Thanks - I just called them and they say that for an HGV you can't use the National NFU sales line you have to use the local office???? I called the local office and they said that they would only quote for my Horsebox if I also moved all our other vehicles to them ie quad bike, both our cars and lorry???

applestroodle

Visit site
Gulp, that is a lot my 7.5 tonnes is with NFU and i think i only pay £300 a year with them for me (only 26)as main driver/owner and my mum and dad named drivers. Couldnt put OH on it has he has points and was going to send it through the roof but he never comes horseying anyway. I dont have anything else insured with them, horses and trailer with scottish equestrian.

bliss87

Visit site
Gulp, that is a lot my 7.5 tonnes is with NFU and i think i only pay £300 a year with them for me (only 26)as main driver/owner and my mum and dad named drivers. Couldnt put OH on it has he has points and was going to send it through the roof but he never comes horseying anyway. I dont have anything else insured with them, horses and trailer with scottish equestrian.

my dad is the main driver on our lorry and he has points on it aswell as drink driving offence, and we pay £350 with breakdown and any driver, it only goes up when i pass my test because im under 25

pepperandoran

Visit site
Thanks - I just called them and they say that for an HGV you can't use the National NFU sales line you have to use the local office???? I called the local office and they said that they would only quote for my Horsebox if I also moved all our other vehicles to them ie quad bike, both our cars and lorry???

Yes they are a bit like that, we tried to insure our bull with NFU and they wanted to insure everything else too. Not much use.

kirkton

Visit site
kirkton this is number of local office Edinburgh 0131 335 3533, found very helpful, good luck!

Thanks applestroodle but Edinburgh office wont deal with us as we have the farm insured with Cupar we have to use that office and they are cr*p! :mad::mad:

It's like they don't want the business:(

measles

Visit site
Our lorry is insured with NFU and whilst I can't remember offhand how much it is it is I think in line with the other NFU prices quoted for a 7.5T. However, and this is a big however, our local office - Kirkton will be able to work that out - are quite simply incompetent and I have recently taken all my horse insurance away from them. I sold a horse in July and they cancelled another horses insurance instead, as an example.. So, your experience with another branch does not entirely surprise me. If you want customer service try South Essex.

smac

Visit site
NFU we have both the horseboxes with a huge list of named drivers and under £600 for both. I meant to be doing my lorry test in the spring but I turn 25 in 6mnths so hopefully wont be hit too hard!! Adding named drivers is like 95pence a year extra. Both are over 7.5t

Trailer is with Petplan and the quad and tractors arnt insured...

kirkton

Visit site
try anthony evans they will do cover online or over the phone for a 10t HGV £397

Thanks problem I'm having is that it's an 18t, new-ish, Scania 5 horse with a 2007 conversion. Anthony Evans did my old lorry but won't do this one as they have a cut off at £30k value.:(

I tried to look at Highway Insurance, found their web site, called number and woman told me I had to go through a broker and to google it ! How helpful, so I did and found one in Leeds, called the number and it told me the number had been changed to the one I just called and I got the same woman telling me to use google!!!! Deep breaths ....did the same thing and found one in Ipswich and guess what, same recorded message telling me to call the same dam woman :mad::(:mad:

Mrs Pink

Visit site
I tried to look at Highway Insurance,:[/QUOTE]

Will dig the stuff out at home and see how we did it, Mum sorted it all out as ours is split between, me, sis and mum, so not sure if we went through a broker, will let you know as it doesn't sound as if you've had much help from website :confused:

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
ive used a company called acadamy. very helpful, and insured my (albeit older) 7.5tn for 480 BUT this covered for anyone over 25 with there c1 to drive it fully comp and the most comprehensive breakdown cover possible.