HHO Askern Bryan Course walk

Muddyboots

Visit site
In my thread started yesterday about going to events alone, ways of meeting 'eventing' friends was suggested! One excellent idea was to organise a HHO course walk for those wanting some company walking the course and to generally meet some new people! So I suggest meeting at the start box at 4pm on Saturday afternoon (happy to change this time if is doesn't suit?). I will be walking the 90cm course but i'm sure for the majority of the time is follows the same route as the 100 so the more the merrier! Whose up for it??? Everyone welcome of course!

Me and my horse have a ditch phobia and have managed to avoid courses with a ditch up until now so I will probably go green when we get to that point in the course and need some advise on how to ride it!!!

jomiln

www.westendfarmstud.co.uk
My daughter may be up for this - will see what times we get. She needs to walk 90 & 100 and needs someone who can tell her she can do it!!! I'm injured at moment so cant walk the course so it would be nice for her to have someone to walk it with.

Gamebird

Visit site
Happy to, would prefer earlier if poss as it's a nightmare for me to get west along the A64 on a late weekend afternoon.

I'm also happy to do a 'guided coursewalk' type thingy if people want and give guidance on lines/strides/gears for approach as I quite often do it for friends anyway. The 90 and 100 courses follow roughly the same route so it will be fine to cover both in the same walk.

Someone needs to bring a camera to take course pics for Sarah_Jane too ;)

ps. it's Askham Bryan :p

Gamebird

Visit site
Brilliant! A guided walk sounds perfect!! What time suits you best GB??

2 or 3 would be fine, but all the traffic leaves the coast after that and the A64 becomes a carpark, especially at the end of the Malton bypass and near the end of the Whitwell Hill dual carriageway.

Plus I'll have horses to get in a wash/stud plait etc. so don't want to be too late.

Muddyboots

Visit site
Ok shall we say 2:30?? (I assume the course is open all afternoon for walking??)

GB - i will coming from the same direction as you!