HHO magazine - recent issue - driver regs?

ROG

Visit site
Just had a phone call and heard third hand !! that there is an article on some sort of new LGV driver regs in the recent issue of HHO magazine?

Anyone know owt about this article?

perfect11s

Visit site
Just had a look at the rules and regs on a website all much more clearer... but still extremely silly
Would you expect anything else from our chums in brussels ??? you know bananas have to have the right curve , there accounts never sighed off, and the Euro about to bancrupt the Intire Continent ect ect!!! so petty rules about private HGVs is par for the course.. referendum anyone????

ROG

Visit site
It does seem daft that all LGVs doing certain jobs can be under the easier UK domestic regs but private ones (over 7.5 tonnes) cannot !!

A driver of an artic being used to carry animal waste or carcasses that are not intended for human consumption can drive for 10 hours a day for 7 days a week under UK domestic regs

loobylu

Visit site
There was a several page feature in which Paul Tapner went through the whole rigmarole of trying to attain eveything he would require to make his 'fleet' totally compliant. I think the end result was that he spent 10s of thousands and still wasn't bullet proof.
Can't remember when though- summer?

Gingersmum

Visit site
Yes I believe there is a new test for all hgv drivers of 7.5 tonnes. You must take a refresher every 3 years. Sorry don't know more details all info via my brother in law who drives lorries