hho news page

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
just tried to look at the news page , not the h&h plus, and a notification came up and said i have reached the limit of free news and giving options to pay......how mean is that just as there will be olympic news i would like to read. i am not paying out of principal, i only buy the magazine occasionally as it seems so much thinner these days... am i a miserable old git? :(:(

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Sorry that this won't sound massively supportive but yes I do think your complaint sounds a bit mean. They have a fairly generous free read allowance so if you are exceeding that then you would probably get reasonable use out of a subscription.

If you think that their content is pants then you are of course at liberty not to pay for or consume it. But if you are regularly consuming their content then only fair that you should pay for it ?

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I'm a print and digital subscriber.

I got an email earlier today. H&H plus was originally an extra on top of a normal subscription, now it's included as standard. I'm happy with that.

We are hugely grateful for your support of Horse & Hound’s journalism through subscribing to our Plus service. Today we bring you some good news, that we are extending our offering to you even further, adding new, extensive events coverage to the exclusive news, opinions and vet content that you have been enjoying with us so far. From today, and kicking off in style with the most in-depth coverage of the Olympic Games ever created by Horse & Hound, we will be delivering the most extensive spectator experience, with more sport news, more rider interviews, more expert insight and analysis, more rider opinion, and more behind the scenes access than is available anywhere else. And it’s all included in your current Plus subscription.

The other change? Our service will no longer be called Plus – you are either a digital subscriber to Horse & Hound or a print subscriber to Horse & Hound, or both. And only our subscribers get unlimited access like you. This way we give all our loyal subscribers the best experience of using our service. If you are asked to log-in again you can do so using the credentials you signed up with to Horse & Hound Plus. And that’s it, you do not need to do anything else, except sit back and enjoy as we bring you everything that is happening in Tokyo and beyond.

neddy man

Visit site
We buy it locally every week and read it all. It niggles me that various issues are dearer, hoys badminton Olympics (3 weeks) etc they add up over a year, they all contain more adverts so they are making a bigger profit already without goosing readers for more money, yes I know I ought to subscribe, guess this push I need to do it. We x3 prefer the paper version and unless saving for a specific reason we then put in yard tackroom for others to read.

daffy44

Visit site
I'm confused, I am a print subscriber and I got the same email that Tiddlypom has shown, but then I also got the notification that I have reached the limit of free news?

hobo

Visit site
Same here Daffy have had the paper version for decades and have the emails which have always let me read as many as I wanted but not now it seems.

cauda equina

Visit site
I've been a print subscriber for years and got the same message about having reached my limit for free articles
It irks me that they do this while offering generous freebies ( the latest one being a £125 massage pad) to new subscribers