HHO Secret Santa 2024

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Time to start getting excited about Christmas ?? I know I'm a few days early but I'm going away and I didn't want people to think I'd forgotten.

For those of you who know and those of you who don't, every year around about this time we HHO Secret Santa Participants turn from above average online stalkers into supercharged, super excited, MI5 ain't got nothing on us baby - supercharged sleuthing stalking elves and Santa's. Bah humbugs turn from scrooge into the Christmas fairy, already excitable childlike Christmas fanatics need putting in a straitjacket. Merriment and warm fuzziness ensues. We all end up covered in glitter and drowning in Christmas cheer. Forget your chocolate advent calendars, forget decking the halls with boughs of holly. Dressing the Christmas tree with tinsel and glittery baubles then placing the star on the top whilst sipping sherry in front of a warm fire with the family singing "We Wish you a Merry Christmas" pales by comparison. In short Horse and Hound Secret Santa is the best thing that ever came out of Christmas and it is my great honour and pleasure to welcome you all to HHO Secret Santa 2024!

Here's the rules. Read them before entering:
The deadline is 31/10/2024
You must be over 16
You must agree to me retaining the personal information you provide until such time as SS is over and all gifts are sent and received.
You must agree to me passing on your personal information to your Secret Santa.
You must have been a member for 12 months as of today (25/09/2024), or have at least 1 other forum member that you know in real life who can vouch for you.
Minimum spend is £10 - no you don't have to spend more and don't feel this is a competition it most definitely is not, it's fun and it's the thought that really truly counts.
You must send your SS gift by tracked, signed for post and send the tracking number to me.
If you receive an overseas recipient to buy for you must send your parcel no later than 25th November for Barbados, Belgium, Finland, Lithuania, Malta, Mexico, Portugal, Romania, Russia, South Africa and Ukraine; 26th November for Bulgaria, Greece, Israel, Italy and Norway. 29th November for Australia, Austria, China (People’s Republic), Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Japan, India, Latvia, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Thailand; 3rd December for Canada, Ireland and USA.
If your recipient is UK based you must send no later than 12th December
If you do not wish to post overseas you must state this clearly on your entry.
Stalking is allowed, heck its mandatory, you will get the real name of your recipient but not their online name, trying to work out who is who on here is part of the fun and if you are stuck, ask for help.
Help a fellow forum member out, give some decent tips and hints on your likes and dislikes - I mean, if you are allergic to latex and don't say, you wont have much use for the gimp outfit they send you.

You must be active in the run up to Christmas, post at least three times on the tips and tricks thread that will go live in November.
You must post on the SS received thread
You must commit to checking your inbox and responding to any message I leave you.

If for whatever reason you can not send a present on time or at all (because hey, life happens) you must let me know. This is why the HHO SS postage dates are not the same as the Royal Mail to allow time to ensure that alternative arrangements can be made so no one misses out.
Failure to send a present without giving notice to me results in an instant ban from future HHOSS
Yes, if you are that way inclined you can get creative, be artsy if you like.
Finally, you are not the only ones that enjoy Christmas, it takes a hell of a lot of work and organising right up until Christmas to pull this off and ensure everyone is happy and has a gift, I don't rest until I know everyone has a present under their tree or at the very least has a card to collect their gift from the post office. Please be respectful of this and do your bit to ensure all runs as smoothly as possible.

Important note - Participation!!!!! Read First!!!!!!!

Did you see the bit in the rules above stating that: You must be active in the run up to Christmas, post at least three times (preferably a lot more!) on the tips and tricks thread that will go live in November? This is really important, people get so much enjoyment from choosing personalised and unique gifts and if you don't join in, it really sucks the fun out of it for your SS.
Please check your HHO User settings: your location, if set, should be accurate.

How do I enter?

Firstly, read all of the rules above!

All correspondence will be by email as using the PM system on HHO is too slow.

In order to enter, please complete this form: https://forms.gle/dkmJHzaK8hiV18828

Enter, and HAVE FUN!