HHO's Online Most Popular Horse Names?

Dizzy socks

Visit site
So, there are currently quite a lot of threads around the place about people looking for names for their new pone, or foal, or whatever. Therefore, I thought it would be cool if we could have, say a thread of the most popular, I don't know, say 50 names on HHO. And then I decided I would make one! Tadadaaa! But I would like a lotto help, if possible, and would really appreciate a list of your favorite horse names.

And yes, I am bored. Tacos and Hot Chocolate (Great combo! To all who help!

Enfys

Visit site
The most common ones (not my favourites) I hear are

Bailey (probably, along with Murphy, one of the most overused names there is)
Finn
Honey
Puzzle
Jigsaw
Domino, oh, and
Lady

Every yard probably has, or has had, one of those.

I have a Bayley here (how a black and white qualified for the name I am not quite sure) I have a Lady too.

and a Finn - Good Grief :(

Last edited:

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Well most names I like because they suit the horse, bu these have bee some of my favourites:

Virtue
Eagle
Chip
Brook
Major
Norman
... I'll think of more

Then of course there are the classics:

Missy
Blue
Zebedee
Lady
Minstrel
Peggy
Willow
Rupert
Ed/Edward/Eddie

PolarSkye

Visit site
Well I can pretty much guarantee that no'one else on here has a gelding named Kali . . . however, the most frequent horse names I hear are:

Summer
Murphy (we have two at our yard)
Ted
Joey
Frank
Stan

I have liked all horses with the above names . . . and nearly bought one called Stan.

On the flip side, I have known horses with some really unusual names:

Surprise
Cuddles
Sexy
Nazzabee

I think it's hard naming horses ;).

P

cob&onion

Visit site
I have a Daisy and a Dream?!!

Im the past had
Honey
Sonny
Sasha
Sally
Lance
Dusty
Paddy

Sam is popular as is Ted

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
As my homebred was supposed to have a stable name of Teg, which became Isaiah because he was a bit lopsided when born and then moved to Foul as he got colty I can't really be considered a great authority.

I am happy to say that of the eight horses I currently have here none of their names has been mentioned so far - apart from my Foul that is:)

elliebrewer98

Visit site
I think names like Storm, Blaze and Magic are really common and other gender neutral names. I've had a Noo-Noo, Blaze, Rosie, Lace, Sonnet and Bally:) The last three are my currents:)

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I've known more than one-

Blaze
Smokey
Jack
Hugo
Megan
Honey
Sasha
Heidi
Lilly
Missy
Red
Blue
Chili
Ben
Billy
Rosie
Melody
Pixie

There's probably more, but I can't think of them right now.

Capriole

Visit site
I've never had one with any of these common names, mine are fairly eccentrically named in the main...but I had a dog called Tilly. (was Tilly Tunt, we got her pre-named :eek:)

I like Hugo, off this list.

Madam Min

Visit site
We have Chloe and Amber, our old horse was DJ, OH's old eventer was Joyce. My auntie has a Skittles and has had a Smartie, Jodie, Paddy ( once had 3 at the same time on the yard, aunties was Paddy SKEW (he was skewbald), we had Paddy PIE (he was piebald) and we had Paddy TRUCK cos he was huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge!

The riding school ponies/horses when I was a kid- Iesha, Crystal, Banner, Norman, Zack, Gem, Patch, Merry, Robert, Dillon, Sebastian, CT, Michaela, William, Ollie, Merlin, Bootz, Cameo, Billy, Dante, Goldie, to name a few!

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
I know lots of Merlin's ! And a few called Finn (including mine! but it's short for Finnegan :p )

Known a few called Molly, Blue, Stan, Ginger, Blaze, Rupert, Jack, Star, Sam, Prince...

Millie-Rose

Visit site
Can you tell mine are called Millie and Rosie! Pretty common I think although Rosie's proper name is Rosemarie which although biased I think is beautiful. I have known several Paddy's and Honeys. We had one at our RS called Bluey which was unusual but suited her. Oh and every yard has a Lady. I used to ride a horse called Flippa lovely horse, awful name her parents were Flicka and Patrick....

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Can you tell mine are called Millie and Rosie! Pretty common I think although Rosie's proper name is Rosemarie which although biased I think is beautiful. I have known several Paddy's and Honeys. We had one at our RS called Bluey which was unusual but suited her. Oh and every yard has a Lady. I used to ride a horse called Flippa lovely horse, awful name her parents were Flicka and Patrick....

Yes that's a point - where did all the Flickas go?