hi i'm new

louise1980

New User
Visit site
hi
i thought i'd say a quick hello as i'm new to this forum. I used to ride when i was younger although have just started again after about 10 years. i'm having weekly half hour lessons in a group but am hoping to fit in some private lessons to progress a bit quicker. ive been having a few hacks out with a friend on her pony but any advice on getting more experience would be great.

My aim is to get my own horse one day although i have a few financial commitments so sort out first before i feel it would be sensible to do so. I'm hoping to get one in about 18 months which i hope will give me enough time to increase my knowledge so i can care for any future horse properly. I just really want some advice on what i need to be doing until i can get my own!

hope all of that makes sense!!!

Thanks

JadeWisc

Visit site
well very nice to meet you!
smile.gif
You are in the right place to ask advice. Lot's of smart horse people on here. It's also a pretty fun place to be!
smile.gif

~Jade~

pottamus

Visit site
Hi and welcome. You could perhaps think about putting an advert in local tack shops and livery yards advertising as a sharer to help people with their horse a couple of times a week and ride out etc. They usually ask for a small contribution towards upkeep but is usually a small amount...if at all!

louise1980

New User
Visit site
Thanks for all of your replies,
I think i'll post on here as my other half is sick of me chatting about horses already. He has decided to take up golf, which is fine by me as it means i can find things to do with horses all weekend. I can help my friend out although her horse is quite young and i know i need a horse that can help me to learn rather than get confused with what i'm asking!!!
I think i will pay a visit to the local tack shop though and see what's about. In the meantime i'm gonna have to sort out my money, as ideally i'd like to have everything paid for and a bit saved up for unexpected costs which i'm sure there'll be lots of!!!
will keep reading and asking questions i think
xxx

RainbowB

Visit site
Hello and welcome! I'm in a similar position in that I had a few lessons years ago and just started again last Thursday! Everyone on here is so friendly and really helpful, although it can become addictive
grin.gif

Enfys

Visit site
Hello, enjoy yourself on here, there's always someone on here who you can ask/chat/moan to.

Welcome
smile.gif