hi, im new

irishcob123

Visit site
hi everyone, im new on here and i havent posted before so i was just wondering has anyone ever heard of/had anything to do with bombproof? where you can buy horses that are "bombproof", i was just wondering whether there any good? as i have been considering a few horses off there website ( im looking for a new horse, due to last one taking away my confidence) hence why i thought it might be worthwhile. but they offer a service where you dont actually meet the horse, just send you a dvd so you can see what its like grooming, riding etc
confused.gif
i think thats abit weird though! does anyone have any information on them before i consider it? any info would be much appreciated!! thankyou xxx ps. the site is based in lincolnshire ( im in liverpool)

gemma1992

Visit site
Hi. welcome to the forum. If bombproof's a company I've never heard of it.
If you mean bombproof as in the term you should be able to find plenty on most websites

irishcob123

Visit site
hi
thankyou, yes i mean as in a company of some sort im not too sure! i didnt post a link because i didnt think id be allowed to! its: www.bomb-proof.co.uk the horses on there sound perfect for me but i was just seeing if anyone had any experiences dealing with them, or know of anyone who has. like, if the horses are as good as they seem etc thanks!
em x

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
All i can say is PLEASE dont get a horse from there! Sorry but i cant think of any thing worse then an unseen horse from a dealer spesh if your looking for confidence! Not being funny but to me it looks like they have some rather over weight horses and called them safe hairy cobs and added an extra £2000 for this! I think you'd be far better off looking on horsemart.co.uk or local shops etc and being very selective, ideal geting a calm older horse from a family or similar backround!

irishcob123

Visit site
thanks for giving me some advice! i think you can go and see the horses, thats just a thing theyve set up for people who cant travel or something! but thats what i was thinking, just wanted advice and thought someone may have had a horse of there before with a story to tell ,good or bad! just so i know. also, i wonder, how do they know who the horse is going to if theyve never me them before or seen there capability?! doesnt sound quite right to me! i dont see how you can buy or sell a horse without meeting the horse first!

PoppyPony

Visit site
hello i have an irish cob yay
smile.gif

have a look round locally you're sure to find something soon

maybe try lyn russel that's where my cobby is from and he's a confidence giver and loads of fun.

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
I just love the way the go on about being bombproof etc.... 1. no horse is safe *says with borken ankle from a horse thats never put a foot wrong* and 2. They dont video the horse with like traffic etc!! It anoys me how most those horses are totaly over weight to look like cobs!
mad.gif
Pet hate = over weight cobs!

irishcob123

Visit site
hiya
i know hes really cute isnt he! i liked the look of bhindi and tomboy, but i do think there way too expensive! i was thinking aswell, if you buy a 20 quid dvd and end up not liking the horse do you get you money back?! you could end up spending hundreds on dvds! i know, i do think "bombproof" is a term used too lightly cause no horse can be 100% safe. i thought it looked abit dodgy on the whole but thats why i asked on here incase i was wrong... or right!

icemaiden113

Visit site
Please do not use these people!! If you want further detaisl pm as i do not want to upset anyone! I used to live near to where they are and my friend worked for them! They are not quite what they seem!

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Hello and welcome to the site.
I have never heard of them i am afraid, but there are certainly plenty of good horses out there,i bought my star of a horse 14years ago fort just £650 as a 2yr old irish cob,she is fab in every way,but horses are never 100% safe as you know, but she is as close as it gets really. We got her from a local sale, so have a good look around. I would be wary of these companies in a way, only in that they will probably charge a premium,but that is their business, so if ya have money to spend it aint a problem anyway,but there are lots of fab bargains out there,good luck
smile.gif

irishcob123

Visit site
hi asti, thanks for your advice, its really helpful. im not looking to buy just yet but im having a browse! i know no horse can be safe but im just after the perfect horse for me thats gonna be a confidence giver really! so will look very carefully untill i find " the one" im sure ill find it!

VictoriaEDT

www.equinedental.co.uk
Poppypony: I bought my little posh piebald irish coblet from Lynn Russell too! although it was 11 years ago and I wouldnt quite call him bombproof at all but he is the best boy in the world!

She always has smart cobs!

irishcob123

Visit site
megotto - thanks for that website, i have been on it and it sounds alot better and more trustworthy than the other one. how did you hear about safecobs? have you got a horse from there? it sounds too good to be true really!

ashlee92

Visit site
irishcob, this is megotto on my daughters name...i was looking at horse ads and they were advertising some of there lease horses. i havnt personally got a horse from them as i dont ride much anymore and my daughter isnt into cobs! if i was looking for myself i wouldnt discount them though. have you had a read through of the letters they get ?