Hi-Viz exercise sheet

Annagain

Visit site
Any recommendations for a hi-viz waterproof exercise sheet please? I have an Equisafety ride on one and the fit is, frankly, horrific. The hole for the saddle is tiny so to do up in front of the saddle it has to go over the top of the saddle - which then makes the back too short. If I put if behind the saddle, the back is then long enough but I can't do it up in front of the saddle. It ends up with the bit that should be over his withers being at the front of the saddle and the fastening is very uncomfortable when you end up sitting on it. It also slides to one side. It was bad enough on Archie but Charlie's that much longer in the back so it's even shorter on him. He's Irish clipped so doesn't need anything too warm but I'd worry that mesh ones are too light and flappy. He also hates getting wet so I think a waterproof one is the way to go.

AandK

Visit site
I have an ancient Mark Todd one, fleece lined, still seems waterproof after washing over the years. Very good quality and fits well too.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Any recommendations for a hi-viz waterproof exercise sheet please? I have an Equisafety ride on one and the fit is, frankly, horrific. The hole for the saddle is tiny so to do up in front of the saddle it has to go over the top of the saddle - which then makes the back too short. If I put if behind the saddle, the back is then long enough but I can't do it up in front of the saddle. It ends up with the bit that should be over his withers being at the front of the saddle and the fastening is very uncomfortable when you end up sitting on it. It also slides to one side. It was bad enough on Archie but Charlie's that much longer in the back so it's even shorter on him. He's Irish clipped so doesn't need anything too warm but I'd worry that mesh ones are too light and flappy. He also hates getting wet so I think a waterproof one is the way to go.
The old Equisafty were good, the new ones are naff. they wrong sizing and to short in depth so I don't recommend those.
The masta one was not a nice fit and too cumbersome

The Gee Tack is nice and deep, I like the look of it as I have the summer one of theirs

https://www.amazon.co.uk/GEE-TAC-FLEECE-EXERCISE-WATERPROOF/dp/B00F0D9J7C

Last edited:

vhf

Visit site
I have a Gallop hi viz ride-on fly sheet that I use all year round. Where I ride it's normally windy, so I was unsure about a lightweight option - the non-mesh ones I've tried generally resulted in Superman Goes HiViz impressions, and definitely didn't help with safety, though I am sure we were noticeable! This one just doesn't really move at all, probably because the wind goes through rather than under, but also because it has leg straps. I do miss the warmth of my fleece lined waterproof one, but this horse is always hot so she doesn't.