Hi Viz

Widgeon

Visit site
I recommend anything affordable that isn't designed for horse riding....I have a good waterproof cycle jacket from Evans cycles (sale) and have just bought a very lightweight Karrimor running jacket (also sale) in a size too big so it will go over whatever I'm wearing. The prices of the horse stuff are incredible. I also bought two elasticated running hi-viz armbands from eBay, took the velcro off one end of each and stitched them together to make a hat band.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Back on board? How exciting!

Tabards will be hidden from the front if the horse lifts its head, so are of limited effectiveness. Jackets or jumpers with long sleeves are best, weather permitting, and a hat band is good, too - often shows up above hedge height.

Even the short sleeve yellow polo top that I'm wearing in my avatar has better all round visibility than a tabard.

Maddie Moo

Visit site
I have Karrimor running jacket as well (in neon pink).

For summer I have a personalised orange tabard with please pass wide & slow on from here. It was less than £5! I wear it with a light weight neon pink running top, again from Karrimor. I don’t like hacking in short sleeves!

ihatework

Visit site
Just browse Amazon for workwear.
I’ve got a padded waterproof gilet, a long sleeve but very lightweight windproof cycling top and a bog standard builders vest. All very cheap.

Decathlon also does useful high viz running/cycling sportswear

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I second sleeves. There is a noticeable difference in how much room I'm given by cyclists and motorists if i have hi vis sleeves.

I wear a cycle jacket in winter and a long sleeve version of a light work waistcoat or a polo in summer.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I have 2 sizes of These ones so one goes over winter coat and the other over t shirt.
Not necessarily from that supplier but def that type with pockets in.
I have both yellow and orange.
Also have Mountain Warehouse full sleeved jacket.
One or 2 loca pro dog walkers now use them too, they really show up ahead when I'm riding :)

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
My jacket came from Amazon, the pevious one from The Range. I also have a hi-viz hat cover and legbands for the horse, which I would put on any horse that I was riding, the movement attracts the eye of drivers so keeps you both safe.

Pippity

Visit site
I'd recommend picking up a few hi-viz t-shirts/long-sleeved t-shirts from a workwear place. You can usually get three or four for the price of an equestrian tabard, and they give better visibility while also being more comfortable to wear.

I'd also suggest going for orange. Yellow tends not to show up well in bright sunlight, whereas orange is extremely visible in all conditions. There's a reason railway workers wear it.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I use my vbandz two tone (orange and yellow) loads- mostly on a bicycle!
I do like having stuff that has adjustable sizing for various layers.

Chappie

Visit site
I like the HY Viz tabards ('please pass wide and slow' is bold and clear on the back) and hat bands, I mix up the colour combinations but orange seems strongest, and I use V-Bandz leg wraps on the horses, I get a comment on them from passers by every single hack for 6 years so they definately are eye catching!

Nicnac

Visit site
How exciting. I wear the workmen's hi viz yellow jackets as they are so warm - In the summer I wear a lightweight one but go Orange in the summer as more visible than yellow in the sun/against leaves.

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Yay for you being back to regular riding ?

This is a Hy Viz tabard and hat band. I didn't want pink originally but actually I think it stands out better than the cheap yellow high vis I got in the cycling section of decathlon. I do think having the hat band is good as there's something higher up for drivers to see. The only thing I wish the tabard had was a bigger phone pocket - the one it has is fine for a nokia 3310 type thing but not a smartphone.
Screenshot_20210313-201711_WhatsApp.jpg

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I find writing on the back really helpful. I have please pass slow and wide. I notice cars come at me quicker from the front where I have none than they do from behind.