Hickstead Derby Meeting (Showing!)

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Quick report from our camp - had an excellent day on Friday with Keystone Cob champion cob and Fait Accobli reserve champion.

Today, I rode Dinger who took the Supreme Coloured championship (what fun it was riding in the main ring just before the Derby started!) - haven't stopped grinning (and sweating) since! THen Silverstream won the Hunter Championship and paraded round the main ring at least 8 times with the hounds - think he must be extemely fit as he wasn't even puffing at the end of it and I promise you it was VERY hot! Even my stock was soaking wet by the time the championship finished!

Some pics of Dinger - he really was totally amazing today!

dingerhickstead4.jpg

dingerhickstead2-1.jpg

DollyDolls

Visit site
It was very hot!!

Missed your others, but silverstream looked amazing (again) & I must say, I dont mind in the slightest coming down the line from you guys. -I wanted to say hello, but got a bit star struck!

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
It was very hot!!

Missed your others, but silverstream looked amazing (again) & I must say, I dont mind in the slightest coming down the line from you guys. -I wanted to say hello, but got a bit star struck!

Trolley Dolly!!! I wasn't in the ring in the HW hunters (was watching in the shade!), but always say hello if you see us!!!

DollyDolls

Visit site
Yes, that's her. Would have preferred a novice class as it's her first yr doing this level, but at least she kept her manners & made silverstream look that much better.

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Yes, that's her. Would have preferred a novice class as it's her first yr doing this level, but at least she kept her manners & made silverstream look that much better.

Bless her - she was lovely and looked to give the ride judge a nice ride! It is hard finding novice classes and it is a great opportunity to compete in a good size ring with a decent ride judge!

DollyDolls

Visit site
It is hard finding novice classes and it is a great opportunity to compete in a good size ring with a decent ride judge!

Very true for both. I did feel like the ugly bridesmaid, but hope in a few yrs to have the experience of these types of shows. At least the whole day was a really pleasant outing & that's half the battle.