Hickstead Derby?

BMWKIPP

Visit site
Don't have sky. Won't bother trying to watch it on line now, seems the days of any hickstead meet being something special have total gone.

TheMule

Visit site
The whole meet is now streamed live for free. Therefore anyone interested can view 4 days of high class show jumping including the main derby class.
Surely that's better than being given a short slot on main stream TV?

Steerpike

Visit site
I went on Friday, was the first time I have been for many many years, was slightly disappointed with the shopping but loved watching the jumping!

HashRouge

Visit site
I went on Friday, was the first time I have been for many many years, was slightly disappointed with the shopping but loved watching the jumping!
I've been for the last three years and the shopping has been underwhelming each time. My friend reckons it's because there are a couple of other big shows on this weekend too, but I don't know how true that is. The jumping is great though! I normally go fr the speed derby too as I get free tickets from work, but I had to work yesterday so couldn't.

HashRouge

Visit site
Don't have sky. Won't bother trying to watch it on line now, seems the days of any hickstead meet being something special have total gone.
Why not if you want to watch it, as your OP suggested? It's still the same as it used to be, it's just the general public isn't as interested so it's been bumped from TV. It's really easy to access Hickstead TV - you just need to make an account and you're off: http://www.hickstead.tv

rabatsa

Confuddled
Visit site
The whole meet is now streamed live for free. Therefore anyone interested can view 4 days of high class show jumping including the main derby class.
Surely that's better than being given a short slot on main stream TV?
With an internet speed of below 0.5 megabyte this rules me out then.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Why not if you want to watch it, as your OP suggested? It's still the same as it used to be, it's just the general public isn't as interested so it's been bumped from TV. It's really easy to access Hickstead TV - you just need to make an account and you're off: http://www.hickstead.tv
thanks for this, seems like years since it was last on normal telly so will be tuned in since it's bloody raining here again :mad:

Fragglerock

Visit site
I was disappointed too but I think the shopping in July is much better and there is more to watch in the other rings. Plus the Eventers Challenge :) I am watching now.

Nicnac

Visit site
Aaarrgghh have given up trying to watch. Just keeps cutting out and buffering. Watched ERM XC from Arville earlier without any issues.

Surbie

Visit site
Is there any update on the rider who fell at the gate? We were in the stands and it looked like he properly thumped down. They had the curtains around him for quite a while.

HashRouge

Visit site
Is there any update on the rider who fell at the gate? We were in the stands and it looked like he properly thumped down. They had the curtains around him for quite a while.
He was sitting up in the buggy when they took him out of the arena so maybe a bit dazed from the fall. He did land hard!

I was really routing for Harriet but Michael Pender did an incredible job! His horse looked quite a hand full. It was a great atmosphere in the arena!

Surbie

Visit site
We had to leave after Nigel Coupe to get back to the yard in time - we botched our timings a bit this morning.

Looking forward to the July date too - BHS coupon is stuck on my fridge...