Hickstead RC competition

CrazyHippo1

Visit site
Just wondering what the course was like in this comp? Any one got any pics or even better a bit of video I could look at? Is the course just a standard bsja spec. type, or would you say it was particularly technical/free flowing ect!?

Im trying to decide what height to put my mare down to jump is all!
smile.gif

Thanks!

teapot

Visit site
Think Nats (then something else at the end of her name) did it last year so you should ask her, has a chestnut in her signature
grin.gif

ihatework

Visit site
They have it in the back ring (ring 4?), ring nice enough but nothing special. Fences just bog standard. TBH I thought they built it small when I did it (I did the 95cm and wished I'd done the 1.05) was expecting a decent built BSJA standard course but thought it was more like a good unaff.

(ETS - eek sorry for the size of piccie
blush.gif
)

EledaJack1.jpg

Nats_uk

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Think Nats (then something else at the end of her name) did it last year so you should ask her, has a chestnut in her signature

[/ QUOTE ]

I think teapot means me
wink.gif

I did the 1.05m last year (our team won
grin.gif
) and I agree I don't think the fences were huge - it was a nice flowing course, no real tight turns to get a faster time, the grass arena is on a slight slope though. The only real "challenge" was the last fence - double, spread to upright - quite a few people pushed to get a fast time and had the upright down.
Pic of 1.05
scan0002.jpg

To give you idea of the slope of the arena (and I like the pic
wink.gif
)
Winners_of_Hickstead_2008.jpg

CrazyHippo1

Visit site
Oh fabby thankies! Ok 1.05m looks very jumpable from there Nat, how spooky would you say the course was? I can see most fences in your pic have a filler but they dont look mega scary (gotta remember I have a mare here
wink.gif
). Will have you look at for you on sunday, I see your at keysoe
smile.gif

gummybear

Visit site
Its a good fun comp. I hvaent done it for a few years, but generally found it pretty much up to height. The course is normally built by Michael Talbot of Royal Leisure with a nice flowing course. Only chance I was ever going to get to jump at Hickstead so I went for it!

Nats_uk

Visit site
I have a horse that is scared of his own shadow (hence see my worries in the ODE thread
wink.gif
) so understand the spookiness worry. I (and Bane) didn't find them too bad - think a couple had spots on the fillers, some wavy lines, nothing too scary (oh the black horse heads which you can probably just make out in the second pic)

lucemoose

Visit site
n512583517_89769_4007.jpg

thats the 105- did it in 07 when we got to jump in the warm up! thought it wasnt what I was expecting height and width wise cuz jump affiliated with that horse. do it! its so fun and cheap!