Hickstead Report

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Had a very hot day at Hickstead, and a very proud one for me, as both my son and my horse proved themselves quite irreplaceable! Dinger won his class, then carried me around the main arena (negotiating those HUGE Derby fences), and was then given the championship (this third year in a row he has won this class!). We were allowed to do two circuits of the whole arena in the lap of honour which was brilliant fun - what an amazing arena to gallop round and the public stand all cheering and clapping as we went past - sooo exciting!

My sone (who is 9 and loves showing but does not have a pony to show at this level) was grooming for me for the first time in an affiliated competition. He and Dinger adore each other, and it was lovely to have the three of us in the ring together at the same time.

So - a few pics (of course!!!)

Dinger (with Toby in the background rushing along to get to the right part of the ring)
dingerhick1.jpg

In charge of Dinger
dingerhick3.jpg

dingerhick4.jpg

In the championship - they sadly didn't get any of the galloping ones which was a shame as I went round in gallop at least three times!!!

it was a lovely day - how lucky are we to have a horse like Dinger!!!

(oh - by the way, if anyone wants to vote for him in the showing awards for Horse Personality of the Year, Dinger and I would be very grateful!!!)
http://www.showingworldhosting.com/Awards/sshowhorse.html

Ranyhyn

Visit site
Your son looks absolutely adorable!!! I love the photo of him rushing to help :) Well done on your result, fab Dinger as always!

FlipFlop5

Visit site
Wow well done - lovely horse. Its great to see how enthusiastic your son looks, hopefully one day he'll get to ride at Hickstead!

appylass

Visit site
Beautiful photos, FMM, I love seeing Dinger, he is sooo handsome and looks a thoroughly decent chap into the bargain :) Your son looks very smart too, I bet he was thrilled to be grooming for the champion, well done all of you!

Alibear

Visit site
Fab photos and really pleased you did so well. love the photo of Dinger and Toby together, I think you may loose the ride in the next few years.