Hickstead - taking a lorry but no horse

frannieuk

Visit site
I've got to pick up my little mare from Liphook next Friday, and have also planned to go to Hickstead (spectating) that day. As I live a fair old hike from both, I want to combine the drive but this means I'll have to take the lorry to Hickstead in the morning before picking No2 horse up in the evening and bringing her home.

Just wondering if anyone local/ in the know can foresee any issues with the Hickstead side of things - obviously there must be plenty of lorry parking there, but not sure if I should aim for the public parking with a large 7.5 tonner!

Thanks in advance,
Frannie

lucemoose

Visit site
I had dropped off my horse to a camp on a Hickstead weekend a few years ago and then came back to park in the usual car park! Admittedly only a pick up and trailer but still. I tend to go in a side gate anyway though as then it is quieter

alex2

Visit site
There is some parking the other side of the main car parks for lorries and trailers. I've parked there in the past, however to get in there I think you would need to arrive really early and drive in the car entrance. As someone has already said you definitely can't get into the horsebox park proper without a pass so best to phone and ask.

frannieuk

Visit site
Thanks alex2 - I messaged them on FB and they got straight back to tell me to go to the public car park and they'll find me somewhere! Well done Hickstead - quick response and very helpful :D