High vis tabard for picky person

Fruitcake

Visit site
Can anyone help me with my quest? I’m looking for a new high vis tabard / waistcoat but my demands are quite particular! ?
- Ideally, I’d like a zip front
- I’d like a pocket big enough for my phone
- I’d like a mixture of more than one colour
- I’m also picky about whatever words are on the back ?
I don’t like the ones that say “Horse and rider” as I just think it’s pointing out the obvious and, quite frankly, if someone needs to get close enough to be able to read something to tell them there’s a horse there, I’m not sure how useful a high vis tabard would be!
I also have a bit of a thing about the use of ‘slow’ as an adverb so the “Please pass wide and slow” ones grate on me a bit too (although I could live with that).

I realise it’s probably a bit ridiculous to be so picky over a tabard!

Quigleyandme

Visit site
I know exactly what you mean. I bought a “Please be patient; young horse in training“ tabard from eBay and when it arrived it had a totally gratuitous image of a prancing horse on it so the sign writing was necessarily smaller.

Spiritedly

Visit site
I have the V-bandz suggested above, and I love it. No writing on mine.

As an aside, I've always wanted to stick L plates on my green horses. That might be more effective than the words "pass slow and wide" or "young horse in training."

Many years ago before hi viz was the norm I used to tie an 'L' plate to my youngsters neck strap and had another pinned to my back. They worked brilliantly! I'm not sure if it was due to car drivers understanding what an 'L' plate means or just that the majority of drivers in the area I grew up in were naturally more considerate at that time though.

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
Reactions: SEL

poiuytrewq

Visit site
When I read this I thought far too picky, no way anyone will come up with all that ?
I’m going to buy myself the V bandz one, it’s perfect isn’t it!

*before I buy does it have a phone pocket? I can’t see properly on my phone!

suestowford

Visit site
I have the V-bandz suggested above, and I love it. No writing on mine.

As an aside, I've always wanted to stick L plates on my green horses. That might be more effective than the words "pass slow and wide" or "young horse in training."
I have done the L-plate thing. I made some with some red letters stuck to white paper, laminated them and punched holes in the tops. I tied one to a plait in his tail, and hung the other from a neckstrap.
I feel sure it made a difference in how motorists approached us, in a positive way that is!