High Viz...

_April_

Visit site
There's an interesting picture within this article...

sorry if it's been done before
cool.gif

BHS High Viz

sunny123

Visit site
i took me ages to notice that bay horse with no hi viz stuff on. never go out on the roads without mine, forgot it once when i went to ride someone elses and i really noticed how long it took for cars to stop for me.

Chex

Visit site
I didn't even notice the other horse until I read it! Hopefully it'll bring the message home to those idiots that don't wear any flourescents or reflectives.

alfirules

Visit site
i never hack out without my florescents and reflectives. as the pic proves it makes a hell of a difference, it makes both horse and rider much safer on the roads.

JustKickOn

Visit site
hardly noticed the horse on the right, not until i smushed against the screen anyway! in the foggy weather it is now i would never dream of going out on the roads anyway!

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
"I didn't even notice the other horse until I read it! Hopefully it'll bring the message home to those idiots that don't wear any flourescents or reflectives." Oh that will be the same idiots that carry on riding without hats. I dont think you can change people's mind set this way, but no harm in trying. The other reason for HI Viz is if you have an accident out in a field somewhere off the road you are easier to spot from a helicopter or even by walkers.

Sparklet

Visit site
I live near an agricultural college which has an equestrian unit. Riders often cross the busy trunk road to ride round my village and along the surrounding unlit country lanes. Several times recently I have set off to work in the dark only to find some idiot hacking in the dark, no high vis, no lights. Admittedly they do get onto the grass verge when they see my car lights coming but quite often the first I see of them is when I drive past and see them standing on the verge - my car lights dont pick them up.

I do feel like stopping and giving them a bit of advice......

Patches

Visit site
I always wear a High Viz tabard and hat band as a pure minimum. So does my daughter and both of us are on grey horses.

There's a lady who's moved in close to us who daily hacks her two hunters. One chestnut and one dark bay. She never wears high viz and is always in dark clothing. She also never gives way to any traffic and continually trots everywhere making traffic wait behind her. Never thanks anyone for their patience etc. She's starting to get really moaned about by local residents as our lane is narrow and twisty.

Anyway...I was gob smacked the other morning when I turned in our driveway and just spotted her about 10 metres in front of me by the white on her chestnut's legs. She was in no high viz again and it was so foggy you wouldn't believe. Absolute madness!

CrazyMare

Visit site
Minimum for us is an exercise sheet and tabard, just bought the most fantastic reflective brushing boots, in pink, made by Legacy.

Well worth it IMO as the movement of the horses legs and the reflection should catch attention, if the rest of our outfit doesnt!!