High withers and huge shoulders

atropa

Visit site
The horse I'm riding at the minute has quite high withers and huge, quite upright shoulders. She's a big Irish horse od unknown breeding and has quite a flashy front with no real push through from behind.
As she's so weak, we're currently doing a lot of hacking to try and strengthen her core, and begin to build her too line but I'm struggling to visualise what I should be aiming for with muscle coverage around the withers and shoulders, e.g. Will she always look high withered even with a more developed topline?
Any photos of similar horses at different stages of muscling up would be very much appreciated, and apologies in advance for the novice question!

paddi22

Visit site
not a great pic, and still a work in progress. but i have one with monster shoulders and wither, and absolutely nothing behind. Here he is when out of work after a long injury, and the one on the right is when he is eventing fit and out eventing every two weeks. We still have a long way to go, but doing tons of long and low hacking did fill out his topline and make his bum look slightly more balanced. It was a battle to get him to come off the forehand and work behind, btu we are getting there, but it took ages!
Screen%20shot%202017-06-21%20at%2023.27.42_zpscicedm4z.png

atropa

Visit site
not a great pic, and still a work in progress. but i have one with monster shoulders and wither, and absolutely nothing behind. Here he is when out of work after a long injury, and the one on the right is when he is eventing fit and out eventing every two weeks. We still have a long way to go, but doing tons of long and low hacking did fill out his topline and make his bum look slightly more balanced. It was a battle to get him to come off the forehand and work behind, btu we are getting there, but it took ages!
Screen%20shot%202017-06-21%20at%2023.27.42_zpscicedm4z.png

Thanks Paddi, that's really helpful, he looks very similar to mine especially in the shoulder area. Do you know his breeding at all?

only_me

Visit site
It can improve a bit - but don't expect miracles lol. I'd never ride Billy bareback :p

As a weedy 4 year old
photo_zps89675e6d.jpg

Proper Eventing fit at 6 years old
image_zps48da9a4b.jpg

Showing/dressage at 8 years old (he is a bit fat Here lol)
14_zpsa72c883c.jpg

Tbh it's more about getting them up and through which does come, The hind will join eventually! Lots of hillwork, hacking and pole work helps :)

atropa

Visit site
It can improve a bit - but don't expect miracles lol. I'd never ride Billy bareback :p

As a weedy 4 year old
photo_zps89675e6d.jpg

Proper Eventing fit at 6 years old
image_zps48da9a4b.jpg

Showing/dressage at 8 years old (he is a bit fat Here lol)
14_zpsa72c883c.jpg

Tbh it's more about getting them up and through which does come, The hind will join eventually! Lots of hillwork, hacking and pole work helps :)

Thanks only me, that's great. I was looking at her shark fins last night thinking it would be an impossible task!