Highland Pony owners and saddles

Louby

Visit site
I being a bit premature as my boy is only 3 but Im just wondering what type of saddle suits the Highlands best. Ive been told the Fylde Rays but after riding in dressage saddles on Sport Horses for years, the thought of a flat saddle with barely any knee roll is a bit :eek: Is there any hope of a nice saddle when the time comes, that wont break the bank, give me a bit of support and wont kill my dodgy old hips lol

Louby

Visit site
Thank you.
Ive been tentatively looking at WH saddles, Ideal, Silhouette etc. Yes I know its too soon yet lol. The AH and Fiona Cork look beautiful but may be out of my budget until hes matured.

jessykai

Visit site
I have an ideal highland and cob saddle, it’s currently too wide for my rising 5 year old highland (it is amazingly wide!), but I didn’t pay a lot for it and I know if I sell it I will never find one that wide second hand again!

the saddle that fits her at the moment is a silhouette, but mine is a lighter built highland

Louby

Visit site
I have an ideal highland and cob saddle, it’s currently too wide for my rising 5 year old highland (it is amazingly wide!), but I didn’t pay a lot for it and I know if I sell it I will never find one that wide second hand again!

the saddle that fits her at the moment is a silhouette, but mine is a lighter built highland
Thank you, Ive seen the H & C saddle, but was hoping for one that was a bit straighter cut, not sure if they do one. I borrowed a really wide Silhouette years ago for a horse but havent seen one similar or as wide when Ive been looking. Does yours have the back thicker gussets or is it a flatter one?