Highland Show - Sports Horse Classes

liannexsx

Visit site
Was having a conversation about this earlier and can't remember for the life of me and can't find it on google.....is there a seperate 2 year old class at the Highland or are they in with the 3 year olds?
it's a month til I can find out from the schedule :)

liannexsx

Visit site
thats not so much a biggie for me as i have a filly :) but no point in that prep to compete against 3 year olds. i missed class last year as was in the yearlings so wouldve been putting her away. disappointed but not surprised! thank u!!

liannexsx

Visit site
im not sure, schedule not on their website. i threw out all last years. i dunno if the scottish will have them seperate but they have a performance horse class. cant see my girl doing too well in hunters haha

Flyingbuck

Visit site
As the classes were well subscribed last season, there was talk that there may be additional classes, ie, a colt class and a separation of the 2 and 3 year olds and a ridden class - hope this is implemented this season :)

puddledub

New User
Visit site
im not sure, schedule not on their website. i threw out all last years. i dunno if the scottish will have them seperate but they have a performance horse class. cant see my girl doing too well in hunters haha

The Scottish call their class 'Performance' as supposed to 'Sport Horse' to keep them from under the umbrella of SHB(GB) (or any other specific organisation) .... not 'cos they have a problem with SHB(GB) but it gives more scope for judges etc and means horses do not need to be registered/overstamped etc making it more competitor friendly.

It is NOT a hunter classes, they are scheduled seperately and are affiliated to SHB(GB) :)

As for showing a 2yo against a 3yo .... shouldn't be a problem if the judge is judging conformation and movement rather than 'biggest and fattest' ;)

liannexsx

Visit site
sorry puddledub, mustve been the way i wrote it - i know the differences in classes. what i meant was i don't show this filly in hunter classes, therefore look for sports/performance type classes. tikino has seen her so wouldve got that comment.

ruby1

Visit site
We entered this class in 2009 with our then 2yr old and although we weren't placed in the top 6 ( 8th if my memory serves me right) we were not last and i would not be put of entering a 2 yr old again.

It does say in the 2009 prize list book that depending on entries the class for 2/3yr olds may be split at the discretion of the Chief Steward.

It wasn't our year but thats not say it won't at some time though it would be nice if they had seperate classes.

scotia2k7

www.palegallery.com
...its a huge shame that the sports colts miss out, you would have thought that the future sport horse stallions would be fairly represented. Although, I did hear last year that the rule can be overlooked??? ...seems silly having every other breed's young entires permitted!

scotia

tweedette

Visit site
If your 2yr old is good enough its no problem competing against a 3yr old, after all you will meet the winner of the class in the championship, personally we never showed 2 yr olds, we would show as foals, yearlings, 3 yr olds .