Highland X Coloured Sports Pony

rcm_73

Visit site
What do you think of this cross? The mare is the registered Highland in my siggy and the stallion is a 14.2hh homozygous red and white sports pony, so quite fine, he has some ID (Clover Hill) in his bloodline plus Welsh. Originally intended for my TB but has ended up covering the Highland and not the TB
crazy.gif

Law

Visit site
I like the mare in your sig, she's quite a light Highland and i'd like the mix with the sports pony
smile.gif
I am biased though having had a highland for 10 years and vowed to have a cross as my next
smile.gif
it never happened though... ended up with a Welsh Sec D and a warmblood
crazy.gif

the watcher

Visit site
Interesting - I might have gone for something a little taller for the stallion, and of purer breeding to be more certain of the outcome - but it will be interesting to see the foal.

CrazyMare

Visit site
Same question as Ciss, plus what is his build? Highlands can be soooooooooooooooooo wide with alot of bone, might end up with a very solid type, or a heavy SHP stamp depending on how solid he is?

hellybelly6

Visit site
I have a Clydesdale X Highland. He looks like a 16.3 giant highland pony. He also has the brain of a Highland pony.

I love highlands and highland Xs.

My friend has a 1/2 highland x CB/TB and he is gorgeous. The foal will be a good doer and intelligent and confident if he is anything like our highland Xs, not to mention hardy.

Cant wait to see photos!

rcm_73

Visit site
The stallion is a local pony, it is his 1st year and she was only covering her own mares with him but let me use him as a favour as she knows me. His name is Glynebourne Tabasco and he is reg with S.S.H.P.S. which I assume is Scottish Sports Horse Pony Society? The sire is Sergeant Pepper which I believe is by Clover Hill and the dam is a Welsh x what I'm not too sure. Was a bit dubious as to if she'd take as she missed last year and wasn't into forking out loads for what will probably be a bit of a fun pony for one of my daughters. I will probably register the foal as a part bred Highland anyway and the mare has a beautiful temperament and is soooo safe, my 12 year old has learnt to ride on her, she really looks after kids.