Highly recommended

Exmoor_Blairite

Visit site
AA, I've been debating hunting since my arrival.

I'm listening to "Just a Minute" at the moment and I'm afraid you'd be terrible on it. You make one (frankly dull) comment about flushing out and illegal hunting and repeat it ad nauseam. Do you have anything different to say?

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
I've not seen any debate just an attempt to wind people up.

The repetition was to try and get you to answer my questions which you could not.

What do you think are the implications of the Tony Wright case for the staghounds? Don't answer if you can't.

Exmoor_Blairite

Visit site
I have answered your point (repeated many times since my arrival) about flushing out. I think to scare deer using your dogs "just for fun" is wrong, and not something a person with a modicum of respect for wildlife would do. I appreciate that you're trying to make a point about what you believe to be an unworkable law but I resent the fact that you're using animals as pawns in your little game. Also, if the land doesn't belong to you, you should respect the wishes of the owners.

In fact my impression of you is that you have no respect for anyone other than yourself and other hunters (and perhaps not even them): you don't respect the law, you don't respect "anti" land-owners and, perhaps most significantly, you don't respect the deer you chase for fun.

As for your point about staghounds I've answered this elsewhere too. The LACS will pursue (in a legal sense) stag hunts very closely this season and we're looking forward to the courts investigating their activities.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
I don't chase deer. Why do you have to keep misrepresenting what I do. Or do you not even know.

The Wright case made it clear that flushing out is distinct from chasing. Why did you want Wright to kill all, five foxes? I'd rather he killed less not more.

I scare deer to get them out of my woodland. Do you think thjat is wrong? Moreover do you think I shopuld shoot them?

Why don't you support my refusal to shoot the deer. Is it because it is illegal?

What about the research and observation clause. Why shouldn't I hunt for deer with all four of my dogs in order to observe them as long as I make sure they don't injure the deer. What is wrong with that?

You haven't really answered the point about Staghounds. Do you think they should have to shoot the deer sooner?

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
Why is taking a dog, under control across an anti land owners land along the public footpath shjowing them disrespect?

Shouldn't they respect the publics right to use rights of way across their land?

It looks as if we might actually get a debate going here!

I'm hap;py to answer any questions and respond to your points. Hopefully you can do the same. In my book that is showing respect.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
It's funny because I would have thought you would support what I do as it doesn't involve chasing, injuring or killing animals.

Whay are you so against it?

I've been through all this with your Douglas Batchelor who I know well. He insists I am being cruel and must stop but he can't say why.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
Regharding what I did at the LACS sanctury. I walked down the public footpath with a dog surrounded by twenty hunt monitors videoing me. I searched for deer, which the Government say is illegal hunting. I didn't leave the footpath and kept the dog under control at all times as I always would on soimeone elses land. If I had come across a deer close to the footpath it would have run away. So what? I wouldn't have let the dog chase it so what is the problem?

Do you think I would let my dog chase the wildlife on someone elses land without their permission?

I would never ever do that! I never said I would and I never did.