Hind Hoof Boots- Which one is best ?

lunginggirl

Visit site
The other day I noticed that my boy was trying to walk on the small grass area along the road when I was out for a hack (which is right next to a ditch :')! ). The road is quite stony so I think he may be getting foot sore because he doesn't have back shoes on. He has had back shoes on before however last year we had some issues which lead to him ending up in the Vets. So as you can imagine I am reluctant to do this again! The Vets did advice that we keep back shoes off him because of the problems he was having and (touch wood) since then he has been fine.

My friend suggested Hoof Boots but I personally haven't had any experience using these and what to shop for if I did get these. They would only be used for Hacking as he is fine in the soft school.

Also where is it best to buy them? I have had a quick scan across the internet but they all seem very expensive and there are a lot of different types! I don't mind spending the money because it is in his best interest but if there is a more budget Friendly brand I am happy to look at them as well :)

Thank you in advance!

HashRouge

Visit site
I would advise checking out the Hoof Boutique http://www.hoofbootique.co.uk/
The woman who runs it is incredibly helpful and should be able to advise you on what will work best for your horse. You can also trial boots, which is obviously incredible useful! The main thing that I encountered when looking for boots is that certain boots will work for certain horses - it depends on the hoof shape. But the lady at the hoof boutique is very helpful with working out what will be best for your horse :)