Hind Over Reach Boots?

princestar

Visit site
My horse is very close on both front and hinds, he's barefoot on the back, shod on front. He really bashes his coronet band, so worried about damage - plus he does bash himself even in the field. He has noticeable bashes/scratches - sometimes even on the outside of the hoof - ??

So, does anyone use over reach boots on the back feet, if so do they help and do you get some silly looks :)

Thank You

princestar

Visit site
I should have said, sorry, I used the sausage boot, just snappes the bit of material that holds it on... brushing boots are too high for them tomake a ddifference :)

nikkimariet

Visit site
Mine prats about in the field, has stood on his coronet bands a few times so has OR boots on all 4 now (is barefoot too!).

What about training wraps/similar used in conjunction with hind OR boots?

twodonkies

Visit site
I used to use OR boots on back feet when training leg yielding to my horse- he went through a stage of knocking his back feet when crossing them over, so to protect him while he got the hang of it. used to warm up at shows with them on too

Goldenstar

Visit site
My driving horse always wears hind overreach boots when doing obsticles because a couple of times he steeped on himself on a tight fast turn.