Hip hip hooray - they're OUT!

Surbie

Visit site
He's been out since the beginning of the month - occasionally in if it is due to welly down with strong winds as there is no shelter.

Happy snorty horse!

Enjoy your wine :)

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Yes, out tonight for the first time since the weather turned again after the 'February heatwave'. The only problem is that the cob has developed an abscess in the horrible wet weekend weather, so she is hobbling round the field now but at least that should help it to clear better than being stuck in the stable all night.

Pc2003

Visit site
Ooh we are about a week off if it continues to dry! Can’t wait. See ya later you suckers 🤣🤣 (only joking. Love them really)

Nicnac

Visit site
Another couple of weeks here at least before I can move to new fields. It's been so wet and on clay. As long as they are out 24/7 by Badminton when the husband has to do them for a week!

I LOVE mucking out before work.....said no-one ever.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Just looked at the camera, and they're back in, but at least it's their own choice 😁

dogatemysalad

Visit site
The downside to my otherwise lovely yard is that winter turnout lasts for 7 months. Ours won't go out at night until May, although they do have guaranteed daytime turnout. Really looking forward to being able to enjoy a leisurely cup of coffee in the mornings instead of gulping a few sips and dashing off into the dark muddy mornings.

Nativelover

Visit site
I really don’t miss this part of keeping horses, always stressing and waiting for YO’s to open fields. Waiting and waiting and waiting, listening to excuses my god the ridiculous excuses!!!!
The worst year was having to wait until June before any grazing allowed!!

I’m glad for those of you who are out already, but I know there are those who are in the same boat that I was and I really pity you.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
The downside to my otherwise lovely yard is that winter turnout lasts for 7 months. Ours won't go out at night until May, although they do have guaranteed daytime turnout. Really looking forward to being able to enjoy a leisurely cup of coffee in the mornings instead of gulping a few sips and dashing off into the dark muddy mornings.

And would you believe it, tomorrow I have a hospital appointment at 9am and will need to leave home by eight, so no lie in for me in the first day I could have had one 😭

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Mine have the choice, at night they are in the small paddocks with shelters, so hay ration can be apportioned. 2 have been shut in at night only from early Dec to end Jan and sporadically since, when weather vile as one suffers, the other dances in gateways (not fun when wet!)

SEL

Visit site
Threw them out last night - one happy but the other is missing his mountain of overnight hay. Tough.

More sulks this weekend when the electric fencing comes out. That grass is very green!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Mine have been out overnight most of the winter apart from last week as the weather was vile, just been outside to give them there last hay net and the moon looks so bright the sky is completely lit up, stood out there a while just having a look and I have just read it's the spring worm moon so that's probably why.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
And would you believe it, tomorrow I have a hospital appointment at 9am and will need to leave home by eight, so no lie in for me in the first day I could have had one 😭

I am in the same boat! Not my hospital appointment but I have arranged to pick someone up at 9.30 for a medical appointment, so I will have to be up and about in good time. Oh well, at least neither of us has to do the horses before heading out:D;)

AmieeT

Visit site
Very jealous I’m so many levels. I’ve REALLY struggled this winter- even though it’s definitely not be the worst in recent years.

I reckon ours will go into their new summer field soon!

Goldenstar

Visit site
Two out three in here .
It’s still two wet as soon as the winter field drys out a little more I will get H out he’s got senestive legs and had a did of mud fever I don’t think he would do well out yet my two horses will be staying in a while yet .
Weather is looking better .

Hollychops

Visit site
Hopefully this weekend or next at the latest. Both will be able to come into their stables initially if they want to as they are both oldies, but that wont last long once they realise they dont have to stay in.

conniegirl

Visit site
Mine was out last night, waiting to see what the weather will do to see if he will be out tonight as well. but he was a very chirpy little pony yesterday having spent most of the day out without his rug.

monte1

Visit site
We are fortunate enough on our yard to choose how we manage our horses turnout and decide whether in or out all year round. Mine has been out for quite long spells when dry this winter but in when wet and awful. we have our own winter paddock then separate one for summer turnout which i usually move up to end April/May time depending on ground and grass growth, he has been out quite happily for the last two nights, even in winter field grass is coming through pretty fast and i am just giving him a token haynet at night :)

ihatework

Visit site
The youngsters are still in the barn - was looking very positive a few weeks back in the warm spell, then the storms hit and fields back to soggy. If this settled spell holds I reckon they will be turfed out 24/7 in the next couple of weeks, fingers crossed.

Big fella won’t be out overnight until the flies and heat hit us.