Hiring an arena out

Vix1978

Visit site
I just need to pick all your brains if you don't mind. We have recently had a new arena built at the yard, and have been approached by a few people who are interested in hiring it out. What do you think would be a reasonable rate to charge for this? (60x40 sand and rubber floodlit with full set of showjumps). Also, would you get the people to sign a disclaimer, and if so, what would you put in it?
Many thanks in advance all!!!!
smile.gif

Tempi

Visit site
i pay £10 to hire out an arena and some relatively decent jumps for 45mins to teach in. i dont have to sign anything. However the yard is a stones throw from mine, but im not allowed to teach at my yard, hence i hire out the school at the yard down the road.

dieseldog

Visit site
You will need to get 3rd party insurance so economically it may not be worth doing - you might also get caught by the council for business rates. Anyway we used to hire our indoor one at £10/hour and our outdoor at £20/hour

fairhill

Visit site
I used to hire a 50 x 50 outdoor arena (sand/rubber/floodlit with jumps) for £5/hour. It wasn't guaranteed private use, but 99% of the time it was all mine! I never signed a disclaimer.

OWLIE185

Visit site
A disclaimer will not work these days so you need to have insurance which includes third party/public liability just in case. Also ensure that the horses and riders that use it also have current third party/public liability insurance of £10,000,000 just in case they cause an accident while on your yard. i.e. they could kick out or bolt etc.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I sometimes rent a 60m x 60m sand & rubber arena with jumps & they charge me £25 per hour + £10 for each additional horse. That's at an actual Equestrian Centre on the Leicester/Warwickshire border.
smile.gif

TURBOBERT

Visit site
I dont rent mine out for all the reasons mentioned - risk too great and v little benefit. What I do - whether it works or not I dont know - is only invite friends to join me on a 'schooling day' with an invited instructor. I ask for £5 towards the upkeep of the arena and the instructor is insured if there are any accidents. Technically if an accident is my fault ie there is an unsafe environment for some reason , I could be liable - but as they are firends I keep my fingers crossed. Also I made no profit out of this arrangement so hopefully I will have no income tax to pay and business rates will not be chargeable..........as I say - fingers crossed!

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
The amount of insurance required made it prohibitive so we allow friends to use it for free. When the Pony Club lot use it they are covered by their own insurance, and although we don't charge anyone we are still at risk of being sued it seems..
I feel we should share it as we used other people's so often in the past.

TheBlackMoth

Visit site
I hire one for £10 for an outdoor arena where you have to put up the jumps yourself and put them away again. Somerford Park in Congleton hires out large arenas with a full course of jumps set up for £15 for an hour.