hiring transport

mandwhy

Visit site
My friends and I want to go to our first show in a couple of weeks and just trying to work out transport.

The show is only 14 miles away and we know a couple of transport people who would probably find it better and work out cheaper to drop us off there and pick us up. Does anyone do this?

I know there seems to be a lot of standing tied to trailer etc, what if you don't have one with you?! I figure people hack to shows so why not.

I asked the organiser who said it would be better to have it there but they may be able to find somewhere to put them!

Would it be better to just hire a 3.5t which I believe I am allowed to do on normal license and would be fairly confident doing as access is not difficult. I have driven large vans fine before but not horses. I guess there has to be a first time!

Sorry for silly questions I like to overthink :)

It's a very small local thing and seems friendly so seems like a good first one!

mudmonkey17

Visit site
Be careful if hiring a 3.5 for 2 horses as would be overweight unless you only have 2 small ponies. As soon as add tack etc can be well over the limit.

I used to hack to shows and found it ok was sometimes helpful for somebody to meet you there with a car so at least can put extra bits you may need in a car.

mandwhy

Visit site
Hmm good point, I would check all that with the transport person and work it out before I went ahead. It is a 15hh haffy and a 13.3 cobby pony so maybe overweight.

mandwhy

Visit site
Sadly do not have a big car but thank you!

Yes that's about what I was thinking for self hire, I would never afford that on my own but I am happy I have someone to share with, can only really do it a few times a year at the mo but better than nothing!