Hiscox Karachi sold to Netherlands

Halfstep

Visit site
Richard Davison has sold his top horse to a Dutch Young Rider; see web page
Another top British dressage horse gone abroad; I wonder whether Richard has something else lined up to step into his shoes.

Rambo

Visit site
You can't blame him...the horse wasn't getting any younger and it wouldn't hold it's value for ever
blush.gif

I think it was one of the Whitakers who said 'never retire a horse....sell it first'
tongue.gif

SJFAN

Visit site
The item on HHO in Competition News says:
Richard's next prospect is Gwendolyn Meyer's Wallini, whom Richard has brought on for the past 18 months and will bring out at grand prix after the Sunshine Tour (26 Feb-18 March).

dieseldog

Visit site
The amount of ex whitaker horses that have ended up round here in their creaking old age they definalty practice what they preach.

Don't blame Richard Davidson for selling

katelarge

Visit site
Yes it's sad but on the other hand one good sale can enable a rider to take on several youngsters as well as develop the facilities and bigger horses they already have. Carl said recently that selling Escapado, hard as it was, has enabled his life to change completely and although I bet it was a terrible wrench for him , he has a business to run and made a wise business decision. Carl - and Richard - will be riding for years to come, and there will always be tough decisions to be made. It's a hard way to earn a living.