Hit Air v Point 2

millitiger

Visit site
I can't see there being much difference at all apart from personal preference- I have a Point Two but would be happy to wear a Hit Air as well.

qaz

Visit site
I swapped from a P2 to a Hit Air because I found the P2 restricted my neck movement & the only time it inflated (jumped off without unclipping!) it completely took my breath away as it inflated inwards whereas the Hit Air expands outwards.

porkpie

Visit site
Hit Air definitely - love mine. Cheaper to buy and look much more discreet plus the (thorny subject) fact that they inflate away from the body, not inwards. No choice to make IMO.

glamourpuss

Visit site
I'm another Hit Air wearer. Had both inflated on me I preferred the Hit Air as, although very supportive, it didn't make me feel like it had knocked the breath out of me. It also seemed to have a little more coverage.
The Hit Air was also much more discreet when not inflated.
It was nearly £100 cheaper than the P2
Some of P2's advertising didn't sit well with me. They made some claims about the Hit Air which they had to retract I believe.
I also wanted to use an air jacket with a Kan bodyprotector, I was told by a salesman on a p2 stand that the P2 couldn't be used with it (but whether that's because they have such close links to Racesafe & hence they can't/won't suggest other BPs ;) )
The Hit Air sales lady I bought my jacket from thought using with a Kan would be fine. She gave me a couple of examples of riders using a Kan + air jacket. She did say that the Hit Air couldn't protect in all types of fall so it was important to get the best BP that I could.....quite a refreshingly, honest statement :)

Ali16

Visit site
I have one of the very first P2s, which does knock the breath out of you when it inflates - but I think it may have stopped me breaking my neck in a nasty fall in 2010.

My sister has the Hit Air, which is much less bulky and does not knock the wind out of you when it inflates. I may just steal it this year as she's not using it :)

diggerbez

Visit site
I'm another Hit Air wearer. Had both inflated on me I preferred the Hit Air as, although very supportive, it didn't make me feel like it had knocked the breath out of me. It also seemed to have a little more coverage.
The Hit Air was also much more discreet when not inflated.
It was nearly £100 cheaper than the P2
Some of P2's advertising didn't sit well with me. They made some claims about the Hit Air which they had to retract I believe.
I also wanted to use an air jacket with a Kan bodyprotector, I was told by a salesman on a p2 stand that the P2 couldn't be used with it (but whether that's because they have such close links to Racesafe & hence they can't/won't suggest other BPs ;) )
The Hit Air sales lady I bought my jacket from thought using with a Kan would be fine. She gave me a couple of examples of riders using a Kan + air jacket. She did say that the Hit Air couldn't protect in all types of fall so it was important to get the best BP that I could.....quite a refreshingly, honest statement :)

if i could afford one i would get the HitAir...another that was rather unimpressed with some of P2's behaviour re. advertising and also the bloke that came on here was quite rude and unpleasant iirc! :eek:
plus i know where you can get Hitairs cheap ;)