Hiviz air jacket or dark air jacket + hiviz over?

sidewaysonacob

Visit site
I've decided that I should really wear an air jacket to hack in - I recently heard about a rider near me who is now paralysed from the chest down due to a freak accidental fall out hacking but medical friends tell me she might have been spared the worst of the damage by an air jacket, so it seems sensible.

HiViz is essential for hacking round me (helicopters, drones, golfers with poor aim etc.) so should I:

a) buy a dark hiviz air jacket and wear a lose hiviz tabard/waistcoat over it to give it room to inflate
or
b) buy a hiviz air jacket? (I'm not planning to wear it to compete in as it doesn't really work with side saddle and I only jump the odd crosspole)

All opinions welcome, especially if you have a particular brand/model to recommend.

Thanks!
(apologies from my lack of posting recently - new job)

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
The thing that annoyed me was that the hiviz air jacket was more expensive than the plain ones.

As someone who has just had a very bad fall which would have been less damaging had i worn my air jacket in the arena, and not just for hacking, I would recommend wearing it at all times.

Mine is now for sale as I am hanging up my boots (and everything else).