hiya im new

freda

New User
Visit site
hiya just joined and wanted to say hi
also i have a question, what size pony/horse would i be able to ride without looking silly or the pony/horse struggerling
im about 5ft 8-9 and about 9st

grin.gif
thanks!

xxx

not_with_it

Visit site
Hello and welcome.

As for the size theres no way to tell. For example a 15hh cobby type would probably take up as much leg as a 17hh TB. Go for whatever you feel comfortable on.
smile.gif

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com
Hello and welcome! There is no real definite answer to the height you need, as the post says go for whatever you feel comfortable on. I am 5ft2 and weigh *** (
wink.gif
) and in the last year have owned and ridden a lightweight(tb type) 14.2, a 17.1 tb and a 16.1 middleweight hunter none of them have felt too big or too small so there is more than just height to consider!
confused.gif

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
Hi and welcome
smile.gif

I am 5'6 and weigh 9 stone on a good day, and have ridden an 11.1hh pony no probs. It depends on the horse/pony, if it's built well enough and has enough depth.

sevenoceans

Visit site
welcome... I am 5ft 9 and 9 stone like you, bit leggy! I have ridden from 15 hands to at least 17 hands. i find 15 hands TB on the small side (i ride race horses). I have ridden 15.2 cobs years ago and was fine but a bit on the wide side. but personally i feel alot secure and balanced on 16 to 17 hands TB's type. My horse is 17 hands lean TB (exracer). I had old horse, she was 16.1 and anglo arab... she was perfect for me when i went onto horses from ponies.
Go for what you feel safe and secure then you'll know it's the right one.

Welcome to the forum

freda

New User
Visit site
smile.gif
thanks everyone for your kind welcome!
well im going to see a loan for a 13.2 cob x
ive ridden her before and felt comfortable
but do you think i should look for something bigger?

thanks again
xxx

JustKickOn

Visit site
hi, welcome to HH lol

its not the height of the horse its weather they can carry you comfortably and without struggling. the horse you went to see should be also to carry you. im 5ft 5 and weight 8 stone and i ride a 12.2hh pony and he can carry me just fine and i jump him an everything so the cob you went to see should be perfect!

good luck!

Lizzie =] x