Hmm, descisions descisions.... bloodhounding or not...??!!

KatB

Visit site
Just been told the opening meet of Readyfield bloodhounds is next sunday, and have been invited to take the lanky one.... Now, he is normally very well behaved (if very strong) with the bloodhounds.....but he was meant to be taking it easy now and not doing anything too exciting for the rest of the winter! However, happen to know particular meet is fab jumping country, (if very big and scary) and wil be very well prepared trails....

So, to go or not to go?! And anyone who has been to Readyfield farm in recent years, please fill me in on what is now like, havent been there for AT LEAST 2years, and memories serve as big and scary....
crazy.gif

RunToEarth

Visit site
**GASP** Its the opening of the season NEXT SUNDAY? Geez that has flown. Kat, there is nothing on this earth that compares to Readyfield country, you cannot pass it up, seriously. My dad chucked his hunting whip in a few seasons back, but he still tells us tales of those famous hedges...
Hell, give me five minutes and I might find a lift to get me there
smile.gif

KatB

Visit site
Yep, I know it flies!! I did the meet two years back on my cob who I knew would just fly round, without killing me in the process!! They are AMAZING hedges, only hunting country i believe you can pick your own line with and be guaranteed to get lovely hedge/landing/take offs! Just a bit worried may be a bit much for still green 4/5yr old who can get a bit strong and silly..... hmmmm....
confused.gif
crazy.gif

RunToEarth

Visit site
Erm, ugh dont know what to say. Im stupid, I can never resist any line of hedges, I take anything out hunting, but at the moment I seem to bounce. If you think it will blow him up then dont do it, I only take nutters with my hunt because I know them all well and they understand that sometimes, horses do overheat. Thing with hunting with the bloodhounds it-its go go go, gallop hedge gallop hedge, and not much in between. The feeling of sitting on a horse that isnt sane is always horrible, but as you say, the upside is you can take your own line to these hedges, so no nasty queing...

ginnyspinner

Visit site
Go out with the Readyfield - they are fab! Went yesterday to readyfield farm schooling day, the fences are great, excellent choice of heights, take-off and landings are very good.
My boy is highly strung and known as the "one that doesn't walk a step" but he had a whale of a time yesterday and on hound exercises - just turned six years old and thinks he knows it all!!
He has certainly got bolder since bloodhounding.
Opening meet is Saturday 21st at 12.30 (not Sunday) - perhaps see you there then??