Hmm, Moreton Morrell PN, some very good bits....

KatB

Visit site
some good bits and some not so good bits
wink.gif

Short one, was horrid in the dressage warm up, but actually decided that relaxing and working would be the best way forward in the ring
grin.gif
Really let me ride him more "uphill", stayed rhythmical and on occasions was a bit distracted so not so balanced(got deserved 6's for these bits) and other times felt lovely (so got 8's for these bits) and got an 8 for his paces, so ended with a score of 29!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
And a personal best
smile.gif

Warmed up well Sjing, very slightly wild, but really looking for his fences and felt FAB! Went a SJed really nicely for the first 2/3's, then I sighed a big sigh of relief, stopped riding and had 2 down
blush.gif
blush.gif
Oops!! BUT very pleased with my boy as he actually feels like he "gets it" now, and felt fab for a majority
smile.gif
Definite improvements, just cant wait for the results to reflect it!!

I was then umming and arghing about running XC as the ground was harder than I would have liked, should have left it on a good note, but hey ho. Goddy never realy woke up
frown.gif
And so got a silly stop and lots of time penalties, and just didnt feel like he wanted to be there
smirk.gif
Bless him, he jumped when he got to the fence, but keeping him cantering was a task in itself,
crazy.gif
Lesson learnt, stick with my instincts.

So mixed day really, but was fab to meet Tabledancer, Milz88, Spottedcat and Hils and to see Hairyhatman, Sneedy, Talavera and the_carthorse at a distance, and a fab thank you to my fab groom Flapjack
grin.gif
!! Will upload dressage vid when I have a moment
grin.gif

SpottedCat

Visit site
You rode him really well in the SJ - shame about the stop but isn't that always the way when you have a good dressage?! Perhaps we could run a HHO league for eventers which looks at your best two out of three and awards prizes accordingly?!

Holidays_are_coming

Visit site
I thought the ground was ok yesterday!! Well done on the good bits though, I need my mare to understand the Dressage thing, we did the intro yest and got 42!!! So annoying, she is now in boot camp after a few days well deserved rest!!! The PN was Big though was fence 3 still there loads of people complained to the rider reps yesterday???

KatB

Visit site
blush.gif
Thanks! Tbh I was umming so much I shouldnt have gone XC, but thats life. Wish I know why he was so backwards, but hopefully we will get back to "old XC Godders"
smirk.gif
Was lovely to meet you
smile.gif

chester1234

www.lkequestrian.com
K - saw you XC and Godders didn't look particularly happy, we were a bit
blush.gif
at the treble of sheep feeders. Even when you pushed him he just didn't seem to go
frown.gif
Such a shame after the DR, but well done, and the SJ wasn't easy either.

Still think godders is totally gorgeous
smile.gif

KatB

Visit site
Hmm fence 3 was a chair? Fence 4 was the fence people were whinging about... we jumped it from nothing really, so wasnt that bad!! The ground was definitely hard
frown.gif

KatB

Visit site
Yep I had to carry him round, bloody hard work I tell you!!
blush.gif
blush.gif
Was hoping he would suddenly snap out of it and go, but hey. So different to how he was last year
smirk.gif
He is gorgeous and so capable, its just trying to work him out!!

AutumnRose

Visit site
Well what do you expect if you get a 29 dressage!!!!! Seriously though flippin well done for that and the sj sounds fab...

Shame about the xc but you know he is good at that bi, just a bad day. The other bits were more of a work in progress and they went so well.

It wouldn't be eventing if it all went right at the same time, would it??!!
wink.gif

Where next??
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

KatB

Visit site
Thanks hon, he hasnt felt great all season XC tbh
smirk.gif
Wish they could talk
frown.gif
We're at Shelford on the 25th of May as its literaly 5mins from us. Then having a bit of a break I think
smile.gif

meardsall_millie

Visit site
So who's the dressage diva now then?!
tongue.gif

Jo was texting me updates through the day - well done on the dressage, kick up the bum for you for stopping riding in the SJ
mad.gif
and frustrating about the XC
crazy.gif
- was it the hard ground that put him off do you think?
confused.gif

KatB

Visit site
Thanks, yeah just wandering if it is the ground he isnt impressed by.
smirk.gif
Hey ho!! Yeah the Sjing was twisty!!! So was very pleased with him!

GDB

photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, yeah just wandering if it is the ground he isnt impressed by.
smirk.gif
Hey ho!! Yeah the Sjing was twisty!!! So was very pleased with him!

[/ QUOTE ]

Twas good to meet you!!

KatB

Visit site
Lmao!! It was still a good SJing round though
grin.gif
Was very pleased with him, have never seen so many CR in one day...
blush.gif
Really dunno whats going on XC
frown.gif
Bless him, he was jumping them when he was getting there, but just not wanting to go forwards between fences. Could be the ground?!
crazy.gif
We might turn to pure dr you know
wink.gif
tongue.gif

KatB

Visit site
tongue.gif
Will do that... my yard owner who has had the same probs with her coloureds said to just leave the white bits long haired
wink.gif
tongue.gif

seabiscuit

Visit site
Oh how frustrating!! But well done on the dressage....and sounds as tho he can get a double clear when the ground is right...dont beat yourself up, you know he will go when the grounds right, ok the landings/take offs would have been watered on the XC, but not to say he wouldnt have felt some concussion from warming up/doing the dressage, its a perfectly plausible excuse for him not performing so I would not get too disheartend! As for running him XC, its all a learning curve, every rider has to find out these things on what conditions make their horses go- its just trial and error. We have to do exactly the same with the racehorses, some of them literally refuse to perform on some ground conditions, and we have to find these things out. The dressage sounds as tho it could have been a 25 as well without the silly moments from G !!
smile.gif

BBs

Visit site
Shame about not having the usual xc Godders there, but what a good first two phases WOO HOO
smile.gif
much improved.
One day hon, you will have it all come together on the day
smile.gif
still proud of you.
x

KatB

Visit site
Thanks O_B, appreciate it! Yeah am not too disappointed, just want him to feel like he actually wants to be there, which he does for the Dr and Sjing now
grin.gif
grin.gif
If all fails we will become dr. diva's
wink.gif
tongue.gif

KatB

Visit site
Thanks BB's, we are getting there
smile.gif
I know the fences themselves arent a problem, he was actual pretty good to jump from nothing on occasions, but it WAS his own fault for not going forward!!
tongue.gif