Hmmm just remembered why I don't come on here much anymore

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
Some little busy body pressed the button on my post in 'Show us your competition horses' on the grounds that these were professional photos, i now have an infraction!

The fact that I have full permission to use the one, admittedly professional photo, is not the point, nor it seems the fact that one of them was NOT a professional photo make an iota of difference.

Perhaps I should go through the thread and push the button on all the other pro photos on there - don't worry I would never be so small minded.

What on earth has happened to this place, it used to be a pleasant forum?

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
Nope 'someone' def pointed it out to him and on the grounds that they are supposedly 'scanned' (they're not btw - I have the electronic copies) they have been removed and I have an infraction :(

I wonder how many scanned photos there were on that thread?

Amaranta

Visit site
Lordie an infraction for having a signature that was too big! How ridiculous, thank goodness I don't have a sig :(

Escada2004

Visit site
i had that also, i posted a photo that i bought of my youngster jumping at aintree and posted it under pocket rockets and i was told off and it was taken off because the company i bought it from print their website at the bottom of each of their photos!!! Totally unbelieveable! Yet there are how many people advertising etc on here and putting their own websites on. I find it all rather clicky!!

SpottedCat

Visit site
The funniest thing about all those infractions is that I was featured in a H&H article once, which was accompanied by a photo of me. I emailed them the full reference for the picture, which was a pro one, along with a scan of it for them to check they had the right one, telling them it was pro and I did not have permission for it to be used. They used the scan in the article (I know because I'd added something to it so I could check). Go figure. One rule for people online who may well have permission to use the picture, another rule for the magazine it seems.

Libbyn1982

Visit site
I got one too. How do they know?

My friend is a pro and takes pics of me at events and tags me in them on FB, would I then not be able to post on here?

Gamebird

Visit site
The funniest thing about all those infractions is that I was featured in a H&H article once, which was accompanied by a photo of me. I emailed them the full reference for the picture, which was a pro one, along with a scan of it for them to check they had the right one, telling them it was pro and I did not have permission for it to be used. They used the scan in the article (I know because I'd added something to it so I could check). Go figure. One rule for people online who may well have permission to use the picture, another rule for the magazine it seems.

Ditto - I sent them a scanned copy asking them to contact the photographer for permission to use the original and they printed the copy I sent without even crediting the photographer! I did have permission to scan and upload the pic to here/FB but assumed the photographer might feel differently about it being used in H&H.

SpottedCat

Visit site
They didn't credit the photographer in mine either. Perhaps, since HHO seem so keen to prevent us using images we have legitimately bought and own the copyright to, we should alert said photographers to encourage them to claim back image fees?!

crabbymare

Visit site
They didn't credit the photographer in mine either. Perhaps, since HHO seem so keen to prevent us using images we have legitimately bought and own the copyright to, we should alert said photographers to encourage them to claim back image fees?!
Problem is that if you buy a picture you do not (or very rarely) get the copyright as that will stay with the photographer, what you will get is a license to use the picture foor personal things. Its a lottery as to which photographers allow you to use them online so they are obviously working on the principle of if a photo is taken of you and its good it was taken by a pro and is therefore removed instead of asking you first. Sad state of affairs though when you cannot post picytures of your day :(

marmalade76

Visit site
You are not the only one, OP.

I have posted jpegs I bought that were sold as 'ideal for posting on social networking sites'. I explained to TFC that they were sold with permission to post online, but was told that they weren't allowed simply because they had the tog's name on them. When I pointed out that many peole post pro pics, some obviously copied, and I was told that they only took action on pics that are brought to their attention by forum members. It seems that there is someone on here who has taken it upon themselves to police every photo thread - what a sad life they must lead.

Another thread here on the very same subject:-

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=507339

Escada2004

Visit site
OMG people really do need to get a life!! As said before the same happend to me, i was quite hurt as i put the photo on being genuine as i had bought it and i know for a fact the company that took it welcome you using photos online - very very sad, these people should grow up a bit!!