hmmmm not a good start on my part.....

parsley

Visit site
I went over to the soon to be the yard where I keep my horses today....

and left what looked like an old pile of chopped up tractor tyres (they are actually my new system for stopping the horses pooing and weeing on their big bale haylage and then refusing to eat it)

asked if I could have 23 bales of haylage delivered

asked if I could leave a lorry there

went home. I did feel quite embarresed but I need to get all of these things sorted so I can make other arrangements. I suppose I will just have to try and be less demanding next time
blush.gif

ruscara

Visit site
I don't think you were demanding at all. Everyone knows that you need to make arrangements when you change yards, and nobody will have thought anything of it. Honestly!
smile.gif

parsley

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
How come they can poo & wee on the haylage - where do you store it then?

[/ QUOTE ]

NOOOO I don't mean in store - I mean when they are eating it in the field. I have got two huge tractor tires and persuaded OH to cut the rims off them and cut one in half and one into quarters. Then I can put a round bale of haylage out, put the one that is in half around and chain it (so theres nothing to catch themselves on) then I can lift the quarters on the bottom one and join them - that way the horses can't pull all the hayledge onto the floor - they can eat the top bit then I will remove the first layer of tyres and widen the others on their chains so that the rest of the bale fits in
laugh.gif

parsley

Visit site
I felt guilty about it but I do want to make sure there is enough fodder for winter and that it is all OK for them.

parsley

Visit site
laugh.gif
Really! I thought she looked a bit doubtful - I thought she might think it was an elaborate idea to dump old tyres instead of paying for disposale.

BTW OH says that if you need someone to cut the tyres up .....................

Hes NOT available (he was pretty fed up with me this afternoon
blush.gif
)

parsley

Visit site
I am a complete bodger - which means that I think of idea to fix things using old bits of stuff. Sometimes it makes OH really annoyed (he is NOT a bodger) and sometimes I'm sure he can't help but be impressed
grin.gif
(He wasn't impressed on this occasion - its a bug**r to cut the tyres up. He broke all the jigsaw blades and had to finish with a hacksaw
grin.gif

JAK

Visit site
My OH is really practical & can turn his hand to almost anything, bless him! Just asked him how you would cut up old tractor tyres - his reply?
"With difficulty!"
Your OH definitely has my OH's sympathy, as he knows what it's like to be asked to do the virtually impossible by some crazy woman with a 'bright idea'! LOL

parsley

Visit site
LOL! I did try to show willing and help but it was really difficult and smelt dreadful.

I also tried flattery - loudly admiring his muscles and his tyre cutting up ability, and commenting on how pleased I was that my children would probably inherit this ability. He said it didn't help at all
grin.gif

EllieBeast

Visit site
Lmao! i will let you know! i think YO wants your boys, and my girl in adjacent fields come winter time (when her husband/fieldmate goes in at night) so that she doesnt get lonely by herself. not that she did last year, lol
Sarah xXx

allijudd

Visit site
hmmm...will suggest that one to chris for the ponies that live out.....i know what the response will be.....tyres are really expensive.......even old ones!

parsley

Visit site
The tyres were free - the place I got them from replaces tyres on tractors and sprayers - they LOVE it when someone asks if they can have one as they don't have to pay for disposale then.